Time to go low carb!

Options
Hello all! I am a 37 year old mom of a darling 9 month old boy. I need to be able to keep up with him as he continues to grow, and being the size that I am... that is impossible right now. So, I talked to a dietician and am now on a journey of a low carb woe. Eventually I may join the Keto crowd, but my carb intake was SO high, I am just aiming for around 100 total carbs per day atm, (not net). I am looking for myfitnesspal friends who are on the same journey, have around 75+ pounds they wish to loose or/and have had great success on a low carb woe. :)

Replies

• Terracotta71
    Terracotta71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats!! I’m also doing low carb. Actually doing keto but loving it!!:) wishing you well on your new diet:)
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me if you'd like. I just started a low carb diet this past week and am already down 7 lbs! I'm pretty new at the low carb thing myself but if you'd like support, add me. I'm about 40lbs from my goal, am down about 30 from my highest.
  • ayladakora
    ayladakora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am unsure why they would suggest low carb if you're not diabetic or have a medical condition. Ultimately if you found a protein and fat goal that keeps you satiated the number of carbs after that wouldn't matter. A strict 100 doesnt make sense if you find a macro goal that allows more within your calories

My family is prone to diabetes, and I have been border line all my life. I get sugar crashes often, and so far a lower carb woe has been working for me. :)
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 150 carbs per day. The lower the better, but, it is hard to give them up. Diabetes runs in my family too, 2 generations that I am aware of. I have already been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. So, I am trying to be more mindful with carb choices, and just choices in general. It is not easy.
  • anthlilley
    anthlilley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the lee carb diet, currently reducing again after a major slip
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group