Jillian Michaels 30 day shred started 8/2/11- Join Me, I'm N

Options
Hi Everyone! I just signed up to this site because I need to lose weight (big surprise, huh? :happy: )
I am 22 and I'm about 25lbs over my *happy weight* and since college graduation is in December there really is no better time to start challenging myself to lose weight and get healthy again. I started the 30 day challenge last night and am ready to get through Day 2 here in a few minutes...so now I challenge you to join me! No matter what day you are on, let's support each other! Let's share our progress...our slip ups...and motivate one another to get through this DVD alive :) If you are with me, tell me about yourself & friend me!

Replies

• luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started 30ds also!! Her workouts are sooo hard! I'm only on day 3...
  • dicarpri
    Options
    Hi I'm Diann. I want to lose 30 pounds. Good luck!
  • barbbeekman
    barbbeekman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I have used the DVD in the past and will start the program again, so today / tomorrow I will do day 1.
    Tonight I have golf thus I am not sure if I will be able to fit it in, but will definately get another 30 minute walk in tonight before hand.
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request. I'm doing day 3 tonight. My calves and chest are so sore from the first 2 days!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just started lastnight too-- and have done day 2 this am!! Phew! Finished it about 20 min ago.. and the nausea has passed now!

There are a few other threads on here that started on the 1st....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/304571-30-day-shred-august-challenge
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/304157-30-day-shred-group-august

There's a LOT of support on those ones too-- you can do this!! :)
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm in. I just finished day 3...(for the second time). I've started and stopped with my workout routine more times than I care to admit. But after quitting smoking and having 2 kids in the past 3 years I have 40 lbs I want to lose. I'll take all the motivation I can get!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 or so, but it's taken me about 2 weeks to do that. I would like to be more consistent with it. I almost joined another group who were doing it 10 days in a row and then taking a rest day, but I can't commit to that. But I'd still love to have the support!!!
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of Jillian's Ripped in 30, so I'm with you! Day 2 was hard because I was sore from day 1. Hopefully my muscles will get used to it! Would like to lose pounds or inches by day 30.

SW: 150
    CW: 135
    GW: 120
  • starberi30
    Options
    I WILL JOIN YOU!! I WILL START DAY 1 TONIGHT! add me!
  • starberi30
    Options
    we have about the same weight loss goals... let's do this!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to do day 3 - when my dinner settles in a few minutes :)
  • trishftwwechanged
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm on day 4 of level one
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 this morning and I am beat! It actually makes me so sick to my stomach that I am still nauseous 6 hours later! Anyone know if this is normal? I am happy to push myself and I'm looking forward to seeing results!
  • starberi30
    Options
    What weight (handweights) is everyone using? I am using 5lb
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5, it has gotten better, not easy but better for me :) I use 2 lb weights.
  • fitnhealthymama2
    fitnhealthymama2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great post. I have this & haven't used it once. (so embarrassed to admit!) I'm going to start this either tonight or Monday. I have a killer 5k (stairs & ramps) on Sunday & don't want to kill myself before then - then again it just may give me the strength I need to complete it!
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....I was soooo excited when I bought the DVD and did like 3 days in a row. Needless to say...I was in agony. LoL. So now it's been like a week since then so I am ready to totally commit to doing it 5 times a week. I'm worried but hoping by joining I will make myself accountable to all of you ....cause if it's just me I will probably repeat history with it. HaHa. Good Luck Everyone!
  • agent99design
    agent99design Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great post I had never heard of this DVD before I just checked it out on Amazon and will get right onto it when it arrives - thanks! :happy:
  • jaimerose
    Options
    I'm In! I just completed Day 1 Level 1. I'm hoping to loose 20 lbs! I'm already down to my pre-pregnancy weight from having my baby in May. Now I have my 1st 2 years of marriage weight to loose. :)

9882374.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jaimerose
    Options
    I'm using 3lbs because I already had them & didn't want to go out & buy new weights. I thought they might be too light but I got a great workout with them today & my arms are sore.