Not here to hook up!!!

Options
Last I checked this was a weight loss tool app. So why am I getting messages from random shirtless guys saying things like "ur hot" or "dam u sexi" (as if anyone could even judge that based on a tiny profile pic)

First off, totally not. Secondly, I'm married. Happily. And have 2 kids.

I'm here to track calories and give/receive support from like minded people. Not to get weird messages from "sexyBigMuscles69".

Rant over.

Replies

• e_falagan
    e_falagan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aw damn, I just changed my profile pic this morning, so this is awkward.
    Yeah, apparently that's a pretty common thing. Just ignore/block them and if they keep at it, you can report them to a moderator.

I hope you totally called someone out, just now. That's hilarious.

Hey, you worked hard for those abs so by all means! If I had some of probably post them too. Lol. But the shirtless pic also seems to be a prerequisite for sending out pervy messages. (That and poor grammar/spelling)
  • mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Aren't ALL sites hook up sites anymore?? An attractive profile pic will get the occasional pervy message regardless. If we are being honest, so will the non-attractive ones.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I placed a picture of my wife in my photos on purpose but have had a few. Of course I am not "Hot" so I doubt it would ever be a problem but I am sure that an attractive female gets hit on a lot here judging by all the would you...posts. I must admit that I enjoy telling my wife " oh look, this gal says that I am easy on the eyes"
  • e_falagan
    e_falagan Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I literally just now blocked someone for this reason. I don't even blame the guys for trying- I'm just not at all interested. I'm so used to the progression from "hey how are you" to "let's talk about what we'd do in bed" that when I get a message that includes anything resembling "what are your best features?" or "what do you look for in a guy?" I block him. That's not going anywhere worthwhile.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've been getting messages like this recently. Sorry guys, I've got my swolemate! <3 Please focus on your goals and support one another. But asking someone "what is your best feature?" is not fitness related when you don't even know my name.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I've been getting messages like this recently. Sorry guys, I've got my swolemate! <3 Please focus on your goals and support one another. But asking someone "what is your best feature?" is not fitness related when you don't even know my name.

Funny they asked that... there are threads where you can post your best or the best of the one above you... that stuff is all over MFP
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    e_falagan wrote: »
    Last I checked this was a weight loss tool app. So why am I getting messages from random shirtless guys saying things like "ur hot" or "dam u sexi" (as if anyone could even judge that based on a tiny profile pic)

First off, totally not. Secondly, I'm married. Happily. And have 2 kids.

I'm here to track calories and give/receive support from like minded people. Not to get weird messages from "sexyBigMuscles69".

Rant over.

Because this is still the internetz....
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me any - I just ignore or say Thank you if in the mood.. But, I bet there a plenty of people on this site that would love to get a compliment even if it isn't the best platform to do so.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people mistake being polite for flirting
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    well remember there are plenty of males that are meatheads, and plenty of girls that like that type of guy. Just delete and ignore them. Luckily my wife likes the use to be skinny quick witty type, together 27 years three kids. But I know plenty of meatheads, best friend is one, I hear him try to pick up girls, and it's just sad, even my wife is like....he really just said that:?
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @ManBehindTheMask

While I can agree with you to a point, I'm curious if you interpret "damn you sexy" as being polite? cause......lol
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    @ManBehindTheMask

While I can agree with you to a point, I'm curious if you interpret "damn you sexy" as being polite? cause......lol

I wouldn't, but many guys are clueless when it comes to being tactful