New and it’s all a little overwhelming

Options
vegasnine
vegasnine Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi

My name is Tracy and I live in Calgary. I am recently coming over to MFP from WW. I have been doing the program for 18 months. I lost 50 pounds in the first year and was doing very well. And then I wasn’t. I am however very happy that I have maintained that loss for the past six months. I do need to move onward and upward though so here I am

I’m having a hard time sticking to things and I feel that I need to shake things up. I’m new to actual calorie counting as the other program makes it a little more simple to track and calculate foods.

Looking for friends who have more than 100 pounds to lose as my journey is going to be a long one.

Thanks in advance for your support looking forward to getting to know you.

Replies

• GlencroftMama
    GlencroftMama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy to join your journey... I’m setting my target weight in increments but overall I’m looking to lose around 100-140lbs
  • vegasnine
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks! Yes I find small goals to be better. I’m happy to be here.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    No matter how much you have to lose, it all is the same I think. For me it is an emotional trigger thing which usually means some kind of stress related thing. The important thing is you are aware of it, but the hardest part I have found is controlling yourself.

Dont beat yourself up about the past cause that is what it is. Just pick yourself up and start back to where you were successful. I am very guilty of roller coaster diet and exercise. I am sure it is not good for me.

I hope that you can find a way to get to your goals. You have to do it for yourself. If your doing it for anyone else it is not gonna work out.
  • losingit4G
    losingit4G Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the same goals-having issues with staying motivated and on the right path. I tend to have trouble logging all my meals-sometimes I feel like it's so overwhelming to track every little thing but I have had success logging in the past-just needing some friends to keep me accountable-feel free to add me! We've got this!
  • Sobs99
    Sobs99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    would like the same motivation.. add me!
  • vegasnine
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    No matter how much you have to lose, it all is the same I think. For me it is an emotional trigger thing which usually means some kind of stress related thing. The important thing is you are aware of it, but the hardest part I have found is controlling yourself.

Dont beat yourself up about the past cause that is what it is. Just pick yourself up and start back to where you were successful. I am very guilty of roller coaster diet and exercise. I am sure it is not good for me.

I hope that you can find a way to get to your goals. You have to do it for yourself. If your doing it for anyone else it is not gonna work out.

I appreciate your reply but I don't agree that it's all the same. Maybe that's flawed logic in my own mind. In the 18 months I've been working towards my goals, many MANY people have achieved theirs. I'm not even 1/2 way yet. I don't think day to day is any easier if you have less to lose, but the stamina required to keep the motivation over many years of just GETTING to where you want to be is exhausting.

In any case, we are all here for the same reason. To be the best version of ourselves we can be! All the best in your own journey too! :)
  • vegasnine
    Options
    losingit4G wrote: »
    I have the same goals-having issues with staying motivated and on the right path. I tend to have trouble logging all my meals-sometimes I feel like it's so overwhelming to track every little thing but I have had success logging in the past-just needing some friends to keep me accountable-feel free to add me! We've got this!

I understand. One thing I have created a habit of and do religiously is track. Tracking is not my problem but respecting the amount of food I need each day / week is.

My biggest issue is that I'm SO SICK of obsessing over everything. It's taken the joy out of food and life for me. I just want to make good choices most of the time, move my body, be kind to myself and feed myself healthy and nutritious things.
  • DaveA1970
    DaveA1970 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I, too, have struggled with the length of the process. I feel fatigued emotionally after some time, and find it so damn hard to lose, lose, lose all the time. Tough to stay so focused and driven when it seems like such a long road. Down 115, but still have 75 to go, and am trying to get reenergized.