Garcinia Cambogia and weight loss?

Options
Has anyone taken this along with eating healthy and exercise and noticed a difference?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

That's pretty much it. Even the guy working at the Vitamin Shoppe talked my friend out of buying it.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill. If there was obesity would not be such a problem. Not to mention I am sure the fast food would market it somehow to profit. Like all you can eat buffet and OH here take this pill to never get fat.

It took 20+ years to put on this weight and it is gonna take a while of strict diet and exercise to get it off.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

That's pretty much it. Even the guy working at the Vitamin Shoppe talked my friend out of buying it.

First this gif is hilarious!
    My experience- I took it for one day and experienced severe abdominal pain, headache and nausea. I didn't have any health insurance at the time so I couldn't go to the ER but before it subsided I was seriously considering going anyway, the symptoms were that bad. Never took it after that and I never found out why I had such a bad reaction.
    Not sure if I lost weight but even if I had it would most likely be because I was so nauseated I couldn't eat. Not worth the money in my opinion. But YMMV
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Do you ever wonder why all of these products claim to provide benefits when combined with a calories controlled diet & exercise? Because that's the part that's helping you lose weight. Their products only lighten your wallet.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    It's been debunked as garbage years ago. Do a search in the forums for the many sources.
  • beachsun36
    beachsun36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought it a month ago and figured I have it so I should take them and it couldn't hurt. I saw something online with Dr. Oz saying it helped with weight loss but who knows! Thankyou everyone for your feedback!
  • leggup
    Options
    beachsun36 wrote: »
    I bought it a month ago and figured I have it so I should take them and it couldn't hurt. I saw something online with Dr. Oz saying it helped with weight loss but who knows! Thankyou everyone for your feedback!

Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesman. Try to get your money back. If you can't, throw them out. Write it off as a mistake and learn from it. Garcinia can cause nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache. At best, nothing happens. At worst, you get a stomach ache. Why even bother?
  • beachsun36
    Options
    Yeah, I heard mixed reviews on Dr. Oz. I tried them for 3 or 4 days when I first got them and had no issues. Maybe that's how we are supposed to lose the weight. They make you sick so you can't do anything! Lol..No, I just figured I spent the money on them so I'll try them and if I have any issues I'll throw them out.

• beachsun36
    Options
    I'll keep ya posted!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    this is probably not the right place for this confession, but i just feel the need to fess up: i get dr. oz and dr. phil mixed up.

i feel better now. thanks. sorry for the temporary derail.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    this is probably not the right place for this confession, but i just feel the need to fess up: i get dr. oz and dr. phil mixed up.

i feel better now. thanks. sorry for the temporary derail.

They're both idiots, so I can see how you could mix them up... :p
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Word of caution...if Dr. Oz says something, do the opposite

Dammit, you beat me to it.
  • katiey1123
    katiey1123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

What is the update?! I'm curious to know... Have you been taking them
  • leggup
    Options
    katiey1123 wrote: »

What is the update?! I'm curious to know... Have you been taking them

I just clicked the user's profile and it says she deleted her account. It's possibly MFP is having issues again.. but it looks like she quit after Nov 3rd.
  • Sunshinelover40
    Sunshinelover40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know who she is, she doesn't like criticism, as soon as people started disagreeing with her she got pissed off. She's probably back here under a different user name trying to get everyone to agree with her.