I gained 2 pounds Help!

Options
I have now gained 2 pounds since last week. I don't know why. I have only had one day that I did not eat healthy and it was yest. I have to go to town and buy food to eat that is healthy. I have been excersising for the last 13 days. Never the same always different. Mixing it up but for some reason I have gained 2 pounds. This is why in the past I would say why try and then I would give up. I have to figure out why I am gaining. Some help please. I don't want to go up I need to go down. Thanks

Replies

• clairny
    clairny Posts: 4
    Options
    Are you building muscle? I am working with a personal trainer and now a dietician because of the same problem. They both looked at my food journals from MFP and they suggest I need to eat more. When you complete your food/exercise journal does a message come up about not eating enough calories?
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yes it does, but i am trying my best to eat 1200 calories a day at least
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's only one week! You've already lost 10 pounds...be proud of that. :D There are going to be times when your body just doesn't cooperate with the program. Just stick with your program and change will come.
  • ReneeTurnage
    Options
    You said earlier that you were not sleeping well. This along with daily workouts might possibly be causing your scales to show an increase. Try to get a good nights sleep, and give your body a day off from exercise and see if there isn't a change. I also weigh myself several times a day, but only record it weekly.

Look, you have lost 10 lbs, and it's only been a little over a week. be glad and rejoice in it. Hang in there, we are all here to help you stick with the program. :)
  • mendogirl
    Options
    you said that you did not eat healthy yesterday. your weight gain could be water weight or due to too much sodium intake (but, i don't know because i don't know what you ate). my advice.. don't worry about it
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Your overall diet seems pretty high in processed foods. You can eat less calories of this stuff, but it won't really help you lose the weight. You do need whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain two pounds, of fat or muscle. You're retaining fluids from the crazy high sodium in stuff like Hamburger Helper. :wink:

Track the sodium, try to keep it under, and drink lots of water. Those pounds will melt right off in a few days.