Struggling a bit

Options
I have been easing into a lower carb lifestyle and just starting going full force tracking macros etc etc. My problem is this, Calorie intake. I'm constantly under in calories, like WAYYY under (500-900) but I'm not hungry at all, my energy is good, I'm not tired or drained even on days I work both jobs. So how much do I listen to my body and how much do I rely on tried and true methods of calories?

I'm bad about logging on here (I do most on paper for my doctor) but I typically don't eat breakfast and just have a snack mid morning of some sliced cucumbers and a few black olives with homemade ranch.

lunch I normally eat one of my snack box lunched which is some pepperoni or salami or turkey, and an ounce or two of cheese. sometimes I'll eat some grapes or cherries or some melon if I'm still a bit hungry.

dinner I tend to eat chicken or beef, more cucumbers and celery with either cream cheese or peanut butter. I don't snack at night

will I get a big crash from eating too few calories? or stall out on weight loss quicker? I've lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks but I haven't really tried or worked out much so I'm thinking most of it is water weight.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In looking at your diary, you have days with nothing logged and days with under 300 calories. Before deciding that you're eating too little, my first question would be: are you logging everything that you eat?
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do log with my doctor's sheets. My meals are pretty much the same every day right around 750 calories to 900 if I switch up veggies and peanut butter
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to just use this to look up calories and decide if I wanted to eat something lol
  • hisamazinggirl
    hisamazinggirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your are doing good in controlling your eating . If you start exercising for 30 minutes a day you will start feeling hungry . If your body is not hungry thats fine you are doing good . I am 130 right now and was 137. I have been exercising every day this week . I am exhausted and very hungry !
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I do log with my doctor's sheets. My meals are pretty much the same every day right around 750 calories to 900 if I switch up veggies and peanut butter

Did you just get started? I wouldn't worry too much averaging four pounds a week for my first two weeks, but if you continue at this rate, that's probably too fast. If you continue to average four pounds a week, try adding some calorie-dense foods to your diet. Rapid weight loss can be really hard on your system.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You'll get hungry eventually. That, or your "800 calorie" days are actually much more because you aren't using a food scale. If you're using a food scale and only getting 800 cals, you may want to check which vitamins/nutrients you could be missing out on, like iron and b vitamins.
  • love2bfit2017
    love2bfit2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Did you just get started? I wouldn't worry too much averaging four pounds a week for my first two weeks, but if you continue at this rate, that's probably too fast. If you continue to average four pounds a week, try adding some calorie-dense foods to your diet. Rapid weight loss can be really hard on your system.

In addition, like hisamazing... mentioned, add exercise 3-5x a wk. I have couple apps on phone for when time is crunched,like now,middle of a nightmare move,that have 7min workouts,another is min 10min workouts (depending on cardio, strength,warm-up, & yoga,some have 5min options), and it syncs to whatever u use whether android or Apple, for fitnesa tracker if u use it. I write the time & calories to enter into mfp,I haven't set it up at all to sync workouts other than walks(when I remember)on here .... hope that helps :)
  • love2bfit2017
    love2bfit2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Truly listen to your body, but understand what our bodies need to be healthy,it's not simply weight loss, it's being healthy. My 90yr old grandmother still drives, church, bible study,lunch w friends,even trips w lady friends. B4 my grandfather passed,every single day their "our time",was taking a long walk toward the close of every day. 6 children,fed, in their rms at the least (after stroller age,skip ahead past yrs walking & playing w children). She's healthy, happy, active, has never been on a diet,her meals are simply properly portioned and she has a sweet when her sweet tooth calls. It can truly become as simple to us as is for her
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I wasn't very hungry the first two weeks of MFP, either. You might consider adding nuts, cheese, yogurt, avocados and eggs for healthy, higher calorie snacks. Cucumbers and olives have almost no calories; substitute one of the above-listed items. I'd watch losing too fast. It is important to aim for no more than 2 pounds a week. I went a little overboard and I started losing hair and muscle tone.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You may find yourself crashing after a bit longer. Maybe have an extra spoonful of PB or buy some cashews or another nut to pop a handful of at night?