Replies

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Now I have to go look at the camels...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It can't be healthy. Just think of the nutrients we don't store in our bodies.

• 90Ibs
    90Ibs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any diet that claims it's a "cleanse" or a "detox" is just using buzzwords to try and grab attention. Your body is self-cleaning and self-maintaining. If it weren't, what you'd need is a visit to the doctor, not drinking lemon water with cayenne pepper, some $30 tea, or consuming nothing but water.

Is drinking water healthy? Absolutely. Is it okay to spread misinformation that if your chest hurts after not putting anything in your body except water, that it's your body "getting rid of toxins"? No.
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For short term, probably won't hurt you...but completely unnecessary.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Water cleanse as in shower, super good idea I do this daily
    Water cleanse as in starve yourself and drink water is a dumb harmful idea that hurts your body
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I fast..... its great... but not for long periods of time.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's rubbish.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You mean like with a wet cloth?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Is a water cleanse "healthy?" No, actually quite the opposite. It throws your electrolytes out of whack. It's hard on your gut flora. Get sufficiently out of whack from water fasting and it can damage your heart and your kidneys. The worst possible "side effect" is sudden death. This happens because, even if you still have plenty of fat stores, your fasting body goes after the proteins in your vital organs to find enough energy quickly to keep you alive.

A healthy person can probably water fast safely for a couple days and recover thoroughly but do you want to test to see if you are one of those people healthy enough to survive a water fast without long term repercussions? Me, neither.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Only if you're getting a colonoscopy.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Sairzie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds it happy ironic that a discussion about only drinking water features camels? Man those guys load up on like 50 litres (yes I totally made that number up but it is a lot!) of water!

A quick google search tells me that you are quite mean to those poor camels...

When thirsty they can drink upwards of 30 gallons (135 liters) in 13 minutes. Imagine giving a thirsty camel only 50 liters? :tongue:

Oh no! I apologise to all the thirsty camels! I should’ve google checked!
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds it happy ironic that a discussion about only drinking water features camels? Man those guys load up on like 50 litres (yes I totally made that number up but it is a lot!) of water!

A quick google search tells me that you are quite mean to those poor camels...

When thirsty they can drink upwards of 30 gallons (135 liters) in 13 minutes. Imagine giving a thirsty camel only 50 liters? :tongue:

Oh no! I apologise to all the thirsty camels! I should’ve google checked!

Could you imagine how much angrier those camels would be if they were stuck in a small car AND dehydrated?? ***shudder***
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your kidney already does that!! The kidney filters toxins and wastes from from your blood, and maintains homeostasis. No water cleanse needed it may do more damage.