Petite girls : 5ft or under

Hi guys I'm a shortie : 4ft 11 ! I've done this thread a while back but though I would update , looking for friends who are Petite girls : 5ft or under . What is your calorie goals to loose weight and do you eat back your earned exercise calories ?

Replies

• darlibby
    darlibby Posts: 37 Member
    I am 5 feet tall even. I weight about 104 lbs, but still chubby in certain areas, especially around the waist. I try to stick to 1000 calories to lose weight. Sometimes I eat back exercise calories, sometimes I don’t. Just depends on the day. Good luck! Losing weight when this short is difficult.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    I’m 5’ and try to eat 1000-1200 per day to lose weight. I’m 140 right now, and my goal is around 100-110 (not sure yet, I’ll see how I feel when I’m closer). I don’t eat back walking or at home calories. If I go to the gym I try to stick to closer to 1200 than 1000.
  • anniefae0328
    anniefae0328 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5ft and keeping under 1000 right now. 1,200 if I exercise a lot but I usually don't eat back burned calories.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    I'm 5'1" and a distance runner, so I tend to eat around 1600/day and then weekends closer to 1900-2k. At 104 lbs, sticking to those calories while running like i do and not eating back exercise calories, i can still easily lose.
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oooh I'm the fatty here lol

I'm 4'11 and my calorie goal is 1600. I don't eat back exercise calories so if I'm doing good it gives me a net calorie range of 1200-1400. Give or take.

I'm 149lbs and aiming for 130lbs. Currently body fat % is 32%. Want to get to 20-25% body fat
  • labenton419
    labenton419 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm so glad you last two people posted because I was developing a complex! I'm 5'O'' and when I'm my healthiest and losing weight I'm eating about 1600 calories, but I exercise intensely doing soccer twice a week and bootcamp 2-3 times a week. I can't make it through my workouts if I don't eat enough to fuel them. I got down to 152, lost motivation for a bit and found myself back at 165 and started back again this past Tuesday - my goal has and will continue to be 135. I know that's out of the "healthy" range for us short girls, but I like my booty and I have a lot of leg muscle LOL.
  • tovawiderberg
    tovawiderberg Posts: 10 Member
    5'2 here!! I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day, or binge eating happens. Sometimes I eat 600-700 calories a day if I'm doing a fast or if I can't be bothered to eat "proper food" - and consume most of it at night.
    I do some light exercise at home, but my main would be walking. Depending on how much and how intense the exercise- I sometimes eat back the calories, but I usually don't!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I'm 5'1'', 180 lbs and maintenance is 2600 calories.
    I eat according to TDEE, sometimes I will eat more if I'm having a tougher lifting session that day.
    I'm currently eating around 1600 to lose 2 lbs per week.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    5ft, usually 120-125, but losing a little bit of pregnancy weight. I try to stick around 1200.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'm just under 5'0" and in maintenance. I lost weight at 1200+exercise calories. MFP intends you to eat back your exercise calories.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    edited November 2017
    I can’t imagine why anyone would mock and laugh at me for my size and maintenance calories. I’m 36 and I’ve been this size since 18, which little fluctuation. I’m not even skinny. I’m just really short and small.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    A little taller here, 5' 1.75". I just had my second baby 4 weeks ago, so I'm working on losing the baby weight. I'm currently 135 lbs with a goal of pre-pregnancy weight of 120 lbs. I can easily lose weight on a 1200 calorie diet while eating back exercise calories (walk a lot and run after a toddler). Once I hit my goal I maintain without counting calories.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    5'1 and 100-105 long term maintenance.

I lost from 130-100 on 1200 plus exercise cals of ~200 per hr.

Maintenance is ~1600- sedentary with 1hr lifting or LISS per day.

Cheers, h.

(@sunnybrooke99, to say you have a physically demanding job your calories seem a little low, hence the woo, I think :))

I don’t think it’s appropriate to laugh at me for it. I do have a physically demanding job, but I normally eat 1000- 1200. My dr told me that years ago when I was more sedentary, and was worried bc I’d been tracking calories and ppl here gave me so much flack about it. I consider my job to be exercise above my maintenance. I’ve always been between 97 and 107 as an adult.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I can’t imagine why anyone would mock and laugh at me for my size and maintenance calories. I’m 36 and I’ve been this size since 18, which little fluctuation. I’m not even skinny. I’m just really short and small.

1) I doubt anyone is mocking you for your size. If they are, they're jerks;

2) You also cannot assume that anyone is 'mocking' you for your calorie intake, you are reading an emotion into that that may not exist. More likely, they are questioning what is a very low calorie intake.

The fact is, at your height and activity level, you should be able to eat several hundred more calories to maintain. Even at sedentary you should be able to eat more than that. So, something is off: either you're eating more than you think, you are one hell of an outlier, or something is very, very wrong. Personally, I would want to know if it were the latter rather than just accepting it.

Not mocking you in any way, actually trying to be helpful.

I just put my stats into a calorie caluculator. At 103, it says I need 1275 to maintain if I’m sedentary (which I am if I don’t work or exercise. I consider my work to be exercise.) I could see that being possible. But then it’s normal for me to be 97 lbs also. I’m really small. Like a 12 year old. I was only 101, when I was in the army.