What is your best fitness achievement to date?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    This morning my 2 year-old was asking if we were running a race this weekend. (We walk family 5Ks and try to pick ones that have a kids fun run attached). The fact that "racing" is the norm for my toddler and that she loves it so much and wants to be active is probably a bigger accomplishment than any triathlon I've done or time I've shaved off my 5K over the past year.

It's great that you're passing on healthy habits :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I can squat 150 lbs many times. And deadlift my boyfriend.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Getting back to a sub 8 minute mile (Did 5 minutes in high school... 30+ yrs, & 75lbs ago)
    30 minute 5k
    Finishing a Tough Mudder, and then walking another 3 miles that evening because my legs were getting stiff.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have two

1) My first strict pull-up which was about 1.5 years into my weight loss/fitness journey. When I weighed 235 that goal seemed insurmountable. Once I it did I felt like I could achieve anything if I put my mind to it.

2) A 200lb(91kg) clean and jerk at 138lb body weight this past Sunday. I remember trying to dead lift 200 pounds a couple of years ago and every time I tried my back would round and then hurt for a week. I though i'd never be able to dead lift that weight correctly let alone clean and jerk it so I was SO happy on Sunday.
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Being able to run 30 minutes straight no stopping and feeling like I can actually do more! And no aches or pains anymore
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Bumping, Share your best achievement
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A few years back I did a half marathon 2 years in a row and I beat the time I had set for myself. That was about 80 pounds ago. So now I'm proud that I'm back to working out and getting back into the habit of fitness.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It may not seem like much but I am now able to run short intervals on the treadmill. I've had 4 back surgeries and numerous back issue because of that. I thought running was never going to be possible again. With patience, baby steps and a lot of heart and I running (just a little). I don't think I'll ever be a runner but I am happy to be able to mix up my cardio with a bit of running :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!