Whats the point of drinking water?!

Options
I have been drinking 8 cups of water for the past 3 days but whats the point if every few minutes i have to use the restroom?!

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Flushing out the toxins and salt, keeping your body in correct balance...and exercise every time you need to get up ;)
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Your body will adapt, promise. Drinking water keeps your body from retaining water. :smile:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha.... I remember those days. This is a good thing! So drink up! In fact, 8 cups is a bare minimum. Stay hydrated!
  • eichhorst
    eichhorst Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The point is to keep hydrated, flush your body of nasty toxins & to keep from drinking beverages packed with calories & sugar.
  • hmschultz
    Options
    Hang in there! Once your body gets used to it, it really does get better!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    once your body gets used to the water you wont have to go so much! Water is your best friend! It feeds every organ and muscle in your body! i know its annoying but i promise it will become less frequent:)
  • osnapitzbri
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing but now i understand! thanks :p
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Because you are made up of about 70% water. Your body, systems, and brain functions all need water. You will feel less hungry if you drink water. Water flushes out all impurities in your system. Etc, etc, etc,...
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    it can make the scale go down so your body does not feel the need to retain water
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Didn't you drink water before?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Because life in the toilet is much more interesting than life outside of the toilet.
  • jillwaller
    Options
    It can actually make you lose up to 10 pounds of water weight- when your body is constantly fully hydrated, it won't retain near as much. Also, it gives you energy and keeps you from craving super salty foods (which adds to water retention.)
  • TCB2day
    TCB2day Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I promise it does get better! I especially hated the middle-of-the-night trips. Your body will adjust. Drinking water helps rev up your metabolism and it helps give you beautiful, glowing skin. So drink up! :drinker:

Just take it one day at a time!

8604034.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've always drank water but I have gotten to the point now that I don't want anything BUT water. though I do still like my alcohol on occasion lol. I have gotten to where I do drink my 8 glasses and then some now. I am very proud of myself and of everyone else who is trying to get there! You can do it!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It's a conspiracy set forth originating from the government because they are in tight with water companies. They want you to believe that you need water to survive so you have to pay your water bill and buy bottled water. That creates revenue for the water companies and in turn, they pay more tax to the government. Seriously, you can't escape Big Brother.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Because life in the toilet is much more interesting than life outside of the toilet.

Flux capacitor!
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I was going to get all technical but I saw this list and so I am just going to copy & paste:

Here is a list of reasons:
    1. It hydrates you
    2. If you didn't drink water, how would you live?
    3. It improves muscle tone
    4. It flushes out impurities in your skin so you skin is left clear and glowing.
    5. It gets rid of toxins in your body
    6. Weight Loss
    7. If you don't drink water, you will get dehydrated and you will get sick.
    8. It reduces your appetite
    9. It makes you look younger (you can tell in your face)
    10. Because water makes you feel good.

Also: http://www.shapeupshop.com/weightloss/water-weight-loss.html
    10. Water makes you feel good!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w221521640.jpg
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have a catheter so I don't have to get up and go to the bathroom. It's awesome. Next week I'm getting a colostomy bag, too. I plan to name it "Phil".
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    What's the point of eating if I'm just going to take a *kitten* every 10-12 hours?