What's causing the weight loss plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If I go to "settings" on MFP and just click on calculate it will lower the calories based on the new weight.

It looks like you chose a random amount of calories of 1500 when you started, when in fact you could have been eating at least 300-500 more to lose at 1 lb. per week. Since you started in March, it seems like you've been losing 2 lbs. per week. Was 1500 what MFP told you to eat when you started?

• sibeluver03
    sibeluver03 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No, I definitely just picked 1500 because I didn't know how to properly use MFP. I still don't understand how it works 100%. I do low carb so I have used it to track those and calories and didn't really pay much attention to anything else.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That exact thing happened to me and when I switched to Insanity Max:30, the weight started to just melt off and my body recomped in the most amazing way. I think the same will happen for you. Are you getting enough sleep and hydration?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    No, I definitely just picked 1500 because I didn't know how to properly use MFP. I still don't understand how it works 100%. I do low carb so I have used it to track those and calories and didn't really pay much attention to anything else.

@sibeluver03 Below might help in understanding how MFP calculates:

4mscn68entqo.jpg