Halloween Candy Crisis

Options
13»

Replies

• RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Didn't buy any sweets as I live in a gated apartment block so no need. There is a bag of lollies and a couple of left over cupcakes in the office but I'm not overly interested. Ive eaten 2 chewey sweets this morning but going to stay away from the lollies until this afternoon cause I know thats my prime time to crave them.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    We had just enough trick or treaters to rid us of most of the truckload of candy my husband bought. The two teenagers in the house will oblige me by taking care of the rest :lol:
  • RCW_III
    RCW_III Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's a slippery slope for me. If I have one I won't be able to stop. So I didn't have one.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It rained cats and dogs last night, so I have about a year's worth of candy sitting on my countertop. I hope.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Halloween is a Holiday, so have some candy! If you're like me and can't trust yourself around convenient candy, then throw out whatever is left the next day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    My crisis started today because the coworker brought in her leftover candy from last night and gave me this huge bag full of it. All the good stuff too. Snickers, milky way, crunch, krackle, twix, hershey's bars, butterfingers...I'm not that worried tho. It's just going home with me because I do better at logging and portion control at home than I do at work. Unless it's bagged/boxed cereal. Then I'm in trouble. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Yes, I could only carry so much 50% off candy from the drugstore in arms. I should have brought my bag. The selection was somewhat limited too as they were concentrating on putting out the Christmas candy :angry:

3dhxteuezsr1.jpg

MALTESERS!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Target will this this mix on sale. *gets out red card to go shoppin'!)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sometimes it can be a mental thing. For me I have rules. If I have tasted something before I don't bother with it. If I have never had it before I will either take a bite, or take a piece home for later and work it into my daily calories. I think sometimes for me I get FOMO with food (Fear of missing out) If I tell myself I already know what something tastes like then it gives me that willpower back to ignore it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes, I could only carry so much 50% off candy from the drugstore in arms. I should have brought my bag. The selection was somewhat limited too as they were concentrating on putting out the Christmas candy :angry:

:laugh: Best Halloween candy crisis ever!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I saved a bunch of calories throughout yesterday for the bowls of candy that would invariably be at last night's dancing venue. I ate about 400 (planned) calories (ie "supper") of mini butterfingers, twix's, goodbars, ... (those mini's are way easier to fit in than high-calorie potluck food). (ETA: it also helps that the Tuesday night venue's bar is closed on Tuesday nights - that saved at least 100 calories).

ditto to the set 'trick or treat' hours being ridiculously early. Pretty much no trick or treaters left (if my neighborhood gets any at all) by the time I quickly stopped home to change for swing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

3dhxteuezsr1.jpg

Nice haul!

I didn't buy any Halloween candy today, because I am saving my pantry/cupboard space for all the Christmas goodies that's coming out soon.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

3dhxteuezsr1.jpg

Hah, I see you have a similar bag of mixed funsize to the Uk with the Maltesers, snickers, twix etc. They were on half price here even before Halloween and I have no idea why, but I bought about 4 bags, all of which are now residing in my freezer lest I get a binge moment. I also managed to then snag this 800g box of similar mixed treats for half price today... I just seem to have a really bad habit of hoarding this sort of stuff. Occasionally, I will have a pigout on it, then I just leave it for another month or so. I also have two cakes sat in my cupboard ... red velvet and this dark belgian chocolate cake. Had less than half a slice of each. Sadly, we did not get any of the Reese's Halloween stuff here ... that is the only USA chocolate I can deal with.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I bought candy that I'm not really into: fruity stuff, lollipops, sour things. We still had a ton leftover, so I donated it to the local boy scouts who were shipping candy to the troops. I did, however, indulge in a little of my kid's candy because they got a couple full sized candy bars and PB cups on Halloween night. Nom.