Weighing Day Weekends

Options
I am wanting to weigh myself on the weekend because it’s the quietest day of the week for me.
My question is does weighing day on the weekend different as far as routine. Does anyone get anxious when they do not weigh them self’s for an extended part.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    My weight or scale doesn't care how noisy it is.

You've asked about weighing in multiple threads - what different responses are you looking for?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    I would agree.

Good. Then why do you seem to be so worried about it?
  • sabal20
    sabal20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Rather than continuing to worry over it, just commit. Weigh every single day. Don't think, "Should I weigh today?" Just weigh and log your weight every day, in the morning, after a bathroom visit but before you eat or drink anything. You have a weight every day whether you know what it is or not so you might as well know. You'll see fluctuations but that's part of being human.

THIS!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would agree.

Good. Then why do you seem to be so worried about it?

I am not weighing myself everyday

Who is stopping you?

I mean you did agree above that weighing yourself every day is a good idea because it gives you more sampling points and enables you to better home in on to your true weight level. Yet you don't weigh yourself everyday and are stressing over your next weigh in event.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Rather than continuing to worry over it, just commit. Weigh every single day. Don't think, "Should I weigh today?" Just weigh and log your weight every day, in the morning, after a bathroom visit but before you eat or drink anything. You have a weight every day whether you know what it is or not so you might as well know. You'll see fluctuations but that's part of being human.

I would agree.

Then why are you thinking you want to do it just on the weekend?
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What in the world is making you so anxious about the scale?
    If you're in a calorie deficit and accurately measuring/logging your food there's absolutely nothing to worry about- you're gonna lose weight.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on Saturday, so it's okay if you want to do that as well. I've lost about 34 pounds so far. I don't feel anxious, and it was a day I choose because I'm in a challenge on MyFitnessPal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it doesnt make a difference what day.

why would it?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I only weigh myself on Saturday, so it's okay if you want to do that as well. I've lost about 34 pounds so far. I don't feel anxious, and it was a day I choose because I'm in a challenge on MyFitnessPal.
    That works. The best weighing frequency is the one that works for you. Daily, a few times per week, weekly, monthly, whatever. Just find what works for you and run with it.

The issue is that the OP has been struggling with the "find what works for you" part in multiple threads and, IMO, just needs to weigh every day rather than continuing to worry over it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    nicleed wrote: »
    No need to weigh everyday, you will go insane if it goes up (because weight loss is not linear) . Weigh once or twice a week.

As long as you understand the fluctuations and don’t let them discourage you, there’s nothing wrong with weighing daily

Yes, but seriously, given his many posts/threads just on this one subject, does OP really strike you as someone who's going to take fluctuations calmly?

oh, am i supposed to freak out at the 5 pound 'gain' cause that time of month is coming up? i must have missed the memo LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    nicleed wrote: »
    No need to weigh everyday, you will go insane if it goes up (because weight loss is not linear) . Weigh once or twice a week.

As long as you understand the fluctuations and don’t let them discourage you, there’s nothing wrong with weighing daily

Yes, but seriously, given his many posts/threads just on this one subject, does OP really strike you as someone who's going to take fluctuations calmly?

oh, am i supposed to freak out at the 5 pound 'gain' cause that time of month is coming up? i must have missed the memo LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm really not sure what your point is. I don't think TOM applies to the OP, whose profile identifies him as male. I'm missing the joke.