Need suggestionf or a good 200 calorie meal for dinner

Options
I am currently on the UpDay DownDay diet. I am only allowed 500 calories today and have already wasted 300 of those. Does anyone have a good suggestion for something filling I can eat for dinner?

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Digiorno 200 calories pizzas are yummy and filling. Pair that with a salad, and you'll go a little over, but you'll get some veggies in!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    5 ounces of grilled chicken; and a couple thick slabs of nice ripe tomatoes topped with basil and white balsamic vinegar.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    Take this with a grain of salt because I don't know anything about the UpDay DownDay diet, but 500 calories for a whole day seems awfully low. :frown:
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Tilapia (100 calories) cooked in cooking spray (3 calories), along with grilled zucchini(35 calories). And you have some to spare :)
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Take this with a grain of salt because I don't know anything about the UpDay DownDay diet, but 500 calories for a whole day seems awfully low. :frown:

Agreed!
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Omelette and salad !
  • crunkpunch
    Options
    That sounds good!
    Tilapia (100 calories) cooked in cooking spray (3 calories), along with grilled zucchini(35 calories). And you have some to spare :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    an apple and water. *eyeroll*
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I agree
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Bowl of cereal, something like special k, shredded wheat or weetabix with skimmed milk?
  • mendogirl
    Options
    a good salad with a lot of low calorie veggies with yogurt ranch dressing!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Large salad with some grilled chicken.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir-fry...just some chicken and lots of veggies. Mine is about 1.5 generous cups for around 200 calories. Then just save the leftovers to eat with rice on a not-ridiculously-low-calorie day.
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yikes, 500 cals in a day?!?!

Idea- Egg whites, veggies (mush, grn pepper, onion, jalos ,etc) salsa, 50 cal tortilla- wrapped up in a burrito. YUM! High protein, low cal.
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken Breast with roasted carrots and broccoli.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

kinda have to wonder myself....so I looked it up. ****DISCLAIMER - I AM NO DOCTOR, NOR DO I PRETEND TO KNOW, THIS JUST SEEMS OFF TO ME, IN MY OPINION.....****

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Has this worked for you? looks interesting..
  • angeladryer
    Options
    It is low for calories but it's just every other day. So my down days are 500 calories but the updays are unlimited. My down days have kind of trained me to eat healther on my updays. I did this a few months ago for a month and a half and lost 19 lbs. I quit doing it because I have been going thru a seperation with my husband and I just wasn't focused on a "diet" I did however keep the weight off in the meantime. I just started back on it this past Monday and I am hoping it works as good this time! :-)
  • angeladryer
    Options
    Has this worked for you? looks interesting..

It is low for calories but it's just every other day. So my down days are 500 calories but the updays are unlimited. My down days have kind of trained me to eat healther on my updays. I did this a few months ago for a month and a half and lost 19 lbs. I quit doing it because I have been going thru a seperation with my husband and I just wasn't focused on a "diet" I did however keep the weight off in the meantime. I just started back on it this past Monday and I am hoping it works as good this time! :-)