Any maintenance advice for a newbie?

Options
2»

Replies

• TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For me I needed a way to measure roughly my intake and get close to estimating my cal burn each day. After a few weeks I was able to estimate pretty closely my burn. Since then its just a matter of counting calories at each meal and staying within my goals.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My newbie tip is to set a 5-10 lb maintenance range. Weigh yourself regularly. When you get to the top or bottom of your range, adjust your calories by 100-200 per day until you're back in mid range.
    I encourage you to browse the other threads in this forum, all of which are full of newbie tips.

Best Advice Ever.
  • WooferSnapers98
    WooferSnapers98 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm about to start maintenance and so confused and clueless on how to go about maintaining. My biggest fear is gaining back the weight I lost.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,849 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start maintenance and so confused and clueless on how to go about maintaining. My biggest fear is gaining back the weight I lost.

I am just finishing up week 6 of maintaining. Just read a lot of the posts here and take it slowly. Approach it just like you did losing only you get to eat a little more to fuel your day! :smile: good luck. You can do it.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options

I am just finishing up week 6 of maintaining. Just read a lot of the posts here and take it slowly. Approach it just like you did losing only you get to eat a little more to fuel your day! :smile: good luck. You can do it.

Right, I mean if you are stepping on the body weight scale a couple or three times a week and you're eating roughly what you ate while losing (just add in a couple hundred calories per meal) then you're going to know if you start to gain, and then you adjust.

Maintenance is ongoing - for life. I'm ten years into maintenance and I've made lots of adjustments along the way, but the important thing is consistency, a bit of exercise, and jumping on that scale regularly. I've never gained more than two pounds in a week, and it's always gone by the next week.