Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any maintenance advice for a newbie?

2»

Replies

• TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    edited November 2017
    For me I needed a way to measure roughly my intake and get close to estimating my cal burn each day. After a few weeks I was able to estimate pretty closely my burn. Since then its just a matter of counting calories at each meal and staying within my goals.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My newbie tip is to set a 5-10 lb maintenance range. Weigh yourself regularly. When you get to the top or bottom of your range, adjust your calories by 100-200 per day until you're back in mid range.
    I encourage you to browse the other threads in this forum, all of which are full of newbie tips.

Best Advice Ever.
  • WooferSnapers98
    WooferSnapers98 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm about to start maintenance and so confused and clueless on how to go about maintaining. My biggest fear is gaining back the weight I lost.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    I'm about to start maintenance and so confused and clueless on how to go about maintaining. My biggest fear is gaining back the weight I lost.

I am just finishing up week 6 of maintaining. Just read a lot of the posts here and take it slowly. Approach it just like you did losing only you get to eat a little more to fuel your day! :smile: good luck. You can do it.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,283 Member

I am just finishing up week 6 of maintaining. Just read a lot of the posts here and take it slowly. Approach it just like you did losing only you get to eat a little more to fuel your day! :smile: good luck. You can do it.

Right, I mean if you are stepping on the body weight scale a couple or three times a week and you're eating roughly what you ate while losing (just add in a couple hundred calories per meal) then you're going to know if you start to gain, and then you adjust.

Maintenance is ongoing - for life. I'm ten years into maintenance and I've made lots of adjustments along the way, but the important thing is consistency, a bit of exercise, and jumping on that scale regularly. I've never gained more than two pounds in a week, and it's always gone by the next week.