Ways to use leftover plain Greek Yogurt?

Options
13»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt biscuits. my daughter made these and instead of using eggs she used applesauce they were delicious
    https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/greek-yogurt-biscuits/
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    All the suggestions above sound good. Also, stir things in it to change the consistency. I like to throw in raisins, slivered almonds and all-bran cereal with a bit of cinnamon or pie spice. Makes it tasty-crunchy. I also like to add savory ingredients like oil-cured olives.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I put low cal jam in mine and then put it in the freezer and when frozen eat it like a low cal ice cream.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt cheese:
    Line a strainer with cheesecloth.
    Set over a bowl.
    Dump in yogurt.
    Leave overnight.
    Then:
    Gather cheesecloth up around the yogurt cheese, squeeze out any remaining liquid.

The result is a high-protein 'Greek cream cheese' that can be added to things, either sweet or savory.
    I just made a cheesecake with it, and also I have mixed in cumin, garlic, and mint to make a killer topping for curries or dip for vegetables or spread for seedy crackers.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I bought a large carton of plain greek yogurt for a recipe, thinking I would use the rest of it for breakfast in the mornings. However, when eating it for breakfast I just can't get past the cosistency! The best way I can describe it is as an unsweetened, thicker cream cheese I suppose. I don't want to waste the rest of it, what do you all usually use greek yogurt in besides morning breakfast bowls and smoothies (no blender)?

I don't like yogurt much at all unless it has fruit. I bought some Oikos Greek yogurt the other day and it was plain strawberry flavored so I added some strawberries to it when I ate it. I like it that way. So maybe add some fruit to it?