Coffee creamer

I love love love Coffemate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream in my coffee. I’m trying to cut out dairy (except for grass fed butter) and need a substitute. I’ve tried the almond milk and coconut milk versions, leaner creamer, almond milk/coconut cream combined creamer, butter, coconut oil and just can’t seem to find a taste that I like.

Got any suggestions? What’s your favorite non-dairy creamer? Or if you do a bullet proof coffee, how do you get it ‘creamy’ w/o adding heavy cream?

Thanks!
Jess

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Don't you just blend it to get it creamy?

You're not going to match a sugary Coffeemate creamer with anything that's not sweetened. You'll just have to get used to one of your other choices. I like coconut oil. How about some Cool Whip? It's non dairy, but all that palm oil would keep me away from it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    why are you trying to cut dairy?
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    why are you trying to cut dairy?

I know there is good research for both sides of the dairy argument, but with all the gut and inflammation issues I’ve had recently, I’m working on cutting out foods that can be inflammatory. Things like vegetable oil, milk proteins, etc.
  • Jessyd76

You're not going to match a sugary Coffeemate creamer with anything that's not sweetened. You'll just have to get used to one of your other choices. I like coconut oil. How about some Cool Whip? It's non dairy, but all that palm oil would keep me away from it.

I don’t think I’ve tried coconut oil just by its self. And yeah, I’m definitely not going to match that sugary sweetness, but when I was doing the bullet proof coffee (butter, coconut oil, heavy cream) the rich taste was so good I didn’t need to add any sweetness.

Off to try just coconut oil with my next cup!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Jessyd76 wrote: »

I don’t think I’ve tried coconut oil just by its self. And yeah, I’m definitely not going to match that sugary sweetness, but when I was doing the bullet proof coffee (butter, coconut oil, heavy cream) the rich taste was so good I didn’t need to add any sweetness.

Off to try just coconut oil with my next cup!

Well if you're not cutting sugar, coconut oil and sugar is really good.
  • Jessyd76

Well if you're not cutting sugar, coconut oil and sugar is really good.

Cutting sugar will be the next step. Figure one thing at a time. :smile:

I’ll try coconut oil and butter next time. Coconut oil by its self didn’t give it that creamy ness. Even though I blended it.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    I've tried the same thing & never really found a solid replacement to my Coffee Mate! So sad. The almond milk was actually the worst, coconut kinds was just watery. I have not tried Silk/soy creamer yet. Maybe try some coconut milk/cream that is meant for cooking? The kind that comes in a can. It has more fat in it.
    Stevia works great for me as a sugar replacement but I can't stand the sugar free Coffee Mate, it has that weird fake-sugar aftertaste. Good luck!
  • JD2000
    JD2000 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2017
    Have you tried coffee mate natural bliss almond milk creamer? I find it closer to actual creamer than say, silk brand. It's a bit creamier and I like the taste better. I use the caramel, but they also have French vanilla and original.

ETA-I wasn't sure if your OP meant you had tried the coffee mate brand of non-dairy or various other brands.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Aren’t those little shelf stable cups non dairy? Or your could try a spoonful of coconut milk based ice cream, or some actual coconut cream mixed w some sugar or chocolate syrup.
  • Jessyd76
    Since I️ woke up at noon today, just made an iced coffee with almond milk and coconut sugar. But I️ have some coconut cream in the pantry. Will try that blended in my hot coffee this afternoon. Fingers crossed!!

And yeah, tried the natural bliss coconut creamer, wasn’t a fan. But maybe just need to suck it up till eye get used to it.

Argh!! Why is mfp replacing all my capital eye’s with those weird characters! So annoying!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 966 Member
    "I love love love Coffemate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream in my coffee."

Me too! I have tried several different creamers as I too am trying to avoid dairy products...I don't miss cheese, milk or yogurt but I do miss starting my best cup of coffee in the morning with this. It is wonderful.
  • ferogz
    ferogz Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    How about Monk fruit. Great to sugar substitute to get the sweet you want. Then maybe use a little almond milk if you need to for taste.