Keto Strip Said...

Options
Trace-small, Am I in ketosis or not? New to keto. My diary is open. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    Are you in a calorie deficit? That's all that matters for weight loss...

Unhelpful, as they didn’t ask. Some people choose to also follow keto while being in a calorie deficit.

OP, there’s no need for keto-testing. If you keep your net carbs under 20-ish a day, you should be in ketosis within a few days of starting.

The OP is asking if she's in the right track in the "general diet and weight loss help" section of the forum, therefore it is helpful - to be on the right track I would presume to mean to achieve her weight loss goals. She could be in ketosis but not in a deficit, so not on the right track...

I'm at a calorie deficit as well as trying to balance my macros for ketosis.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm trying keto meal prep today for the work week. If anyone has favorite sites for this, I'd love to hear it.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm trying keto meal prep today for the work week. If anyone has favorite sites for this, I'd love to hear it.

Ruled.me has about a zillion keto recipes.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »

Ruled.me has about a zillion keto recipes.

Thanks, I'll try it out.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily and Keto MFP groups might be a good spot to look too. Nice people there.