Advice for flat tummy?

Options
Hi there,

I am 5’7 and weight 175 would like to go down to 150 ish. How can i get a flat tummy? Does it work just by losing weight? Im reading alot about apple cider vinegar etc....Also, does walking help?
Any advice greatly appreicated :)

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    There is no easy fix. You will have to measure and track your food intake and do some kind of strength training. You don't have to try to be a body builder, but strength training will help burn more calories. Use the tools from MFP to help you track the foods and calories and be patient cause it is not gonna melt off. I am sure what you have gained did not appear overnight either.
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with pogiguy05. This is no easy fix and (ultimately) anyone who really knows how will tell you a nice abdominal region begins in the kitchen. Use the app to set your goals, keep an eye on what you eat, get your cardio in, and also your resistente training. While it is no quick fix, if you put the work in and stay on point with your diet, I promise you will like what you see over time.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar does nothing.

Getting a flat stomach is about removing body fat, which is done with a calorie deficit. If walking helps you maintain your calorie deficit and you enjoy it, then yes, walking helps.

It really depends a lot on your genetics and where you store your excess fat. If you happen to store it on your stomach, you might not get a flat stomach until you are at the low end of healthy body fat levels. If you store your fat in your thighs like I do, you might get a flat stomach sooner.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Even when you reach your goal weight, your stomach may not be "flat." You can work on developing abdominal muscles, but it's still possible to have loose skin and/or a panniculus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panniculus). These things depend a lot on your starting weight, genetics, age/skin elasticity, where your body stores fat, etc.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    daraalt wrote: »
    belly fat is connected to insulin resistance. low carb, very little sugar can fix that. I follow a keto diet and i've lost 34 lbs so far. my waist has gone down several inches. exercise like hi intensity workouts will help but it's all about what you eat.

if you have insulin resistance or end up with stressing your body and your cortisol levels go up, but it can be lost in a deficit. I went from a 38 inch waist to a 27 inch just losing weight(eating in a deficit) and eating high amounts of carbs(which sugar is a carb. so carbs are sugar). I didnt do a lot of high intensity either.. while my belly is not completely flat its close. its not about what you eat either its about how much you eat. fat comes off where it wants when it wants and for me weight training changed how my body looks compared to just losing weight.
  • KetoWithMrsPenn
    KetoWithMrsPenn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    From my experience, i would tell you apple cider doesn't help. I personally drink apple cider twice a day and it hasn't been helpful. Like Daraalt mention low carb and low sugar can help. I start counting my carbs and sugar intake in a week and my belly has reduce tremendously compared to the first day i started eating healthy. Remember what works for A may not work for B. But i will advice you cut carbs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You just lose weight.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I wish. Just gota keep losing and hope for a bit of luck
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    KayTeeOne wrote: »
    Do crunches and run

crunches dont do much of anything and running will only help if it puts the OP in a calorie deficit. and fat comes off where it wants. you cant spot reduce fat
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 5’7 and weight 175 would like to go down to 150 ish. How can i get a flat tummy? Does it work just by losing weight? Im reading alot about apple cider vinegar etc....Also, does walking help?
    Any advice greatly appreicated :)

Yes, just losing weight can work, although for many people the stomach is the last to go. Read the So You Want a Nice Stomach thread linked earlier. And no, ACV has no effect on belly fat.