Do you have a go-to “good” meal?

Options
jdlobb
jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
When my diet has been slipping, or has slipped, I have a go-to meal I can count on to meet my requirements without too much effort or thinking.

1 chicken breast
1 whole avocado
1 cups veggies

Depending on the weight of the chicken and avocado this whole meal is right at about 600 calories, with plenty of protein.

How about you?

Replies

• iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Frozen shrimp, sliced bell pepper zucchini and onion, shredded carrot, Mrs. Dash & brown rice.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm a salad lover. My go-to is 200g napa cabbage, and 100g each lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, & celery. Then to that I'll add a protein (most often tuna, spiced tofu, leftover chicken, or hemp powder), and a low-calorie dressing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles, sauteed spinach with roasted chicken breast in a light cream cheese sauce, or a fluffy two egg/egg white omelette with spinach/kale, cheddar with cottage cheese on the side
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Lol. Y’all have some seriously complicated go-tos.

Are these ingredients you always keep on hand? I know one of the reasons I end up at mine so often is because I pretty much always have chicken breasts and avocados, and some vegetable or other, in my kitchen.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Lol. Y’all have some seriously complicated go-tos.

Are these ingredients you always keep on hand? I know one of the reasons I end up at mine so often is because I pretty much always have chicken breasts and avocados, and some vegetable or other, in my kitchen.

I always have mustard greens, and usually marinara and olives. I don’t always have mushrooms. I’ll substitute frozen spinach, add canned chick peas, and sautéed onion. Stuff like that.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    salad with grilled chicken.

or tomato soup.

i forgot to buy some at the store this weekend :(
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Chicken Caesar salad for me. Barebones sort of. Chicken + Spring Mix + 2-3 tspns sunflower seed/raisin mix and Newman's rasberry/walnut dressing. Fixes me right up every time.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I always have bagged mixed salad with kale and Brussels sprouts. Throw in a hard boiled egg, leftover salmon or chicken, some beets, broccoli or other veg and a few nuts. Another favorite is left over rice with peppers and kale or spinach, an egg and a little soy sauce and siracha.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Do you know, I don't think I do! It's just a case of open fridge and eat what's there. If it's not low calorie enough to meet needs that day, meh.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    1 egg a slice of rye toast with saurkraut and either a can of tuna or salmon cooked up with green onions. Under 5 mins ...delicious...Fills me up fully satisfied for under 300 calories :p Great for sudden hunger. Normally follow it with 3-4 servings of different veg as a snack with hot sauce
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    (a lot of) vegetables, kidney or black beans, a protein source (tofu or seitan, typically), and some chili paste.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't think I do either. It can vary by mood. I have a couple of standby quick dishes that I can whip together from pantry staples.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Low carb whole wheat wrap, 2T hummus, generous handful of baby spinach, half an avocado, grilled chicken.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I make sure to keep homemade freezer meals in stock (mainly freezing leftovers in single servings, nothing special). That way I can always grab something super easily.
  • carlysue32
    carlysue32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go to is a "burrito bowl." Depending on what I have on hand, it'll be some combination of ground turkey or chicken, black beans, brown rice or quinoa, greens, corn, tomato, bell peppers, onion, avocado, pinch of cheese, plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and hot sauce. While not traditional or authentic by any means, this "Mexican food," satisfies my cravings (Mexican food is my fave), is super easy to throw together, and a pretty balanced meal!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always have a large pot of something in the fridge (soup, stew, chili, rice & beans) and cottage cheese. Also, freezer always has frozen veggies I can nuke along with pre-cooked & chopped meat.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 5 grams of grated Parmesan and 10-15 grams of bacon if I have it.