Time to go low carb!

Hello all! I am a 37 year old mom of a darling 9 month old boy. I need to be able to keep up with him as he continues to grow, and being the size that I am... that is impossible right now. So, I talked to a dietician and am now on a journey of a low carb woe. Eventually I may join the Keto crowd, but my carb intake was SO high, I am just aiming for around 100 total carbs per day atm, (not net). I am looking for myfitnesspal friends who are on the same journey, have around 75+ pounds they wish to loose or/and have had great success on a low carb woe. :)

Replies

• Terracotta71
    Terracotta71 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey congrats!! I’m also doing low carb. Actually doing keto but loving it!!:) wishing you well on your new diet:)
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Hi! Please add me if you'd like. I just started a low carb diet this past week and am already down 7 lbs! I'm pretty new at the low carb thing myself but if you'd like support, add me. I'm about 40lbs from my goal, am down about 30 from my highest.
  • ayladakora
    ayladakora Posts: 3 Member
    I am unsure why they would suggest low carb if you're not diabetic or have a medical condition. Ultimately if you found a protein and fat goal that keeps you satiated the number of carbs after that wouldn't matter. A strict 100 doesnt make sense if you find a macro goal that allows more within your calories

My family is prone to diabetes, and I have been border line all my life. I get sugar crashes often, and so far a lower carb woe has been working for me. :)
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    My goal is to stay under 150 carbs per day. The lower the better, but, it is hard to give them up. Diabetes runs in my family too, 2 generations that I am aware of. I have already been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. So, I am trying to be more mindful with carb choices, and just choices in general. It is not easy.
  • anthlilley
    anthlilley Posts: 22 Member
    I love the lee carb diet, currently reducing again after a major slip
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group