7kg loss in a month, proud but want more. Any tips!!

Options
pezen007
pezen007 Posts: 14 Member
My best month of weightloss ever and it's partly thanks to MFP. I have been at it for 13 months in total and still need to lose a minimum of 30kg to get to my double digit aim. My diet consists of yoghurt, eggs, strawberries, most fruit except bananas and watermelon, turkey, fish a little red meat and veges all weighed. Also rice crackers and the odd nut bar. My training per week consists of pilates x3, 20min walk x3, 1 weight session and 25min stationary-bike. Any suggestions to further improve whether it be training or diet?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    that sounds horrible, actually. A weight loss of that fast isn't good for you, and you need a more varied diet. there is nothing wrong with bananas (good source of potassium, which your body needs and most people are deficient in) and watermelon, which is just yummy. Ive lost 100 pounds and eat whatever i want. i make it fit within my calorie goals (which is a meager 1200, and i dont typically eat back much exercise burns - depends on the day though, if im hungry, i will). eat within your calorie allotment, and you will lose. you lose weight in the kitchen and gain fitness in the gym.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    that sounds horrible, actually. A weight loss of that fast isn't good for you, and you need a more varied diet. there is nothing wrong with bananas (good source of potassium, which your body needs and most people are deficient in) and watermelon, which is just yummy. Ive lost 100 pounds and eat whatever i want. i make it fit within my calorie goals (which is a meager 1200, and i dont typically eat back much exercise burns - depends on the day though, if im hungry, i will). eat within your calorie allotment, and you will lose. you lose weight in the kitchen and gain fitness in the gym.

you do realize that eating 1200 and not eating back your calories is equally damaging to your body right?

<<shiver>> that picture is still creeping me out.

OP, What do you weigh now?
  • pezen007
    pezen007 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, but I had a stagnant period for 3 months. July Aug September and a October passes and I only lost 3kg in total for those months.
    I tweaked my diet, I am averaging 2000-2200 calories per day not 1200 as stated. Yes I am eating a lot of raw foods with the odd treat here or there like a muesli bar but mainly foods cooked from scratch and grilled foods. 3times a day 180g protein and 180g Vegas plus a salad at night coupled with 3 pieces if fruit and a muesli bar every day. My exercise involves 3 PLATES SESSIONS , 3 BY 20MIN WALKS, 1 STATIONARY BIKE 25MIN AND A WEIGHT. SESSION. Yes I'll admit minimal cards. I was 137kg when I started MFP and after 28DAYS I'm 130kg. I know everyones body is different and operates accordingly, but saw the doc tonight he's o.k with it, he was wrapped. He did institute a rest week fitness wise to allow the body to recover and stabilise. Overall I've been at it for 13 months for a total weight loss of 48kg. It was just the last month that was an eye opener!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a very low fat diet, fat doesn't make you fat...
  • bronaghCPM
    bronaghCPM Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss! 48kg in 13 months is actually pretty incredible and you should be proud.
    It's probably not a good idea to put too much pressure on yourself, if you do you'll fall off the wagon eventually. If you've found a routine that works for you that's good - use the 7kg loss as the boost you required, but generally speaking a 0.5kg a week is a healthy weight loss average and you should aim for that.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    pezen007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, but I had a stagnant period for 3 months. July Aug September and a October passes and I only lost 3kg in total for those months.
    I tweaked my diet, I am averaging 2000-2200 calories per day not 1200 as stated. Yes I am eating a lot of raw foods with the odd treat here or there like a muesli bar but mainly foods cooked from scratch and grilled foods. 3times a day 180g protein and 180g Vegas plus a salad at night coupled with 3 pieces if fruit and a muesli bar every day. My exercise involves 3 PLATES SESSIONS , 3 BY 20MIN WALKS, 1 STATIONARY BIKE 25MIN AND A WEIGHT. SESSION. Yes I'll admit minimal cards. I was 137kg when I started MFP and after 28DAYS I'm 130kg. I know everyones body is different and operates accordingly, but saw the doc tonight he's o.k with it, he was wrapped. He did institute a rest week fitness wise to allow the body to recover and stabilise. Overall I've been at it for 13 months for a total weight loss of 48kg. It was just the last month that was an eye opener!!!!

If you are under a doctor's supervision--the ball's in his court. Your loss is too fast by normal standards and alarming for us. Losing less, but at a steady pace is better for your body and organs. People want to lose and lose it fast, and the media puts all kinds of encouragement out there. We care, that's why there's concern. Inform yourself a little, there are lots of threads on here about fast weight loss and what can happen. Do a search. Best of luck and congratulations on your weightloss so far.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think the course with the best potential for success is just to keep at it. Wishing it all to go faster is a recipe for disaster.

Eat your watermelon if it fits your calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!