PCOS and Insulin resistance

Options
Hi..
I don’t really know what to say or do but here goes. I’m 22 years and was diagnosed with PCOS at 18. A few weeks back I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and I gained a stack of weight within the 4 year period. I’m just looking for some friends to help keep me accountable to stay on track with my weightloss journey and I will do the same in return

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Look at your carb intake, people in my family are PCOS and insulin resistant etc and low carb is the only thing that works for them to loose weight. There is a lot of information and resources in different groups here. Good luck
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my nutrition folks I work with have people who have PCOS and can eat higher levels of carbs - they focus mostly on starches and fiber carbs vs sugar carbs - their bodies tend to react better
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    PCOS & IR here too. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • HerPriceIsFarAboveRubies
    HerPriceIsFarAboveRubies Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Same here have PCOS was diagnosed at 19 and I'm now 25 just starting my weight loss journey and trying to consieve. Could use advice and encouragement! Add me if you'd like
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There are also many members of this group who have PCOS.
  • KetoWithMrsPenn
    KetoWithMrsPenn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, i do have pcos as well, and have heard a lot of success story from those who did keto diet. So am new as well and following the keto diet to fight my pcos. Goodluck, add me