Step Trackers

Attempted to use MapMyWalk to track steps while doing laps around my building and gave up because it was so woefully inaccurate. Are there trackers that work on a smaller scale of a building as opposed to a longer loop of city streets or am I SOL?

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I presume you are indoors walking your laps? MapMyWalk tracks using GPS, it doesn't work well inside. Most cell phones have a step tracker and you just have to turn it on. You could always get a FitBit. What are your goals?
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Yep. Indoors. Winter is coming to the midwest and I don't handle cold well.

Trying to lose that last 8 lbs to my initial goal and help keep depression at bay. (I notice my symptoms aren't quite as soul crushing if I get in some kind of movement. They are still definitely there but less eviscerating and more flaying kinda mental pain, if that helps)
  • PurpleCrazies
    PurpleCrazies Posts: 13 Member
    I use a Garmin HR+. Really good for inside and outside use and very accurate as far as I can tell.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    I tend toward Apps since I don't have budget room to get something like a Fitbit.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I do know that iPhones or Samsungs have a health App and you can turn on the step counter. I am not sure about other phones, but I presume they are the same. You could always do workout videos on You Tube. Do a 30 minute workout and a bit of walking? Exercise definitely aids in keeping depression at bay. I wish you the best!!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    I thought it was just me as I use map my walk. I have a Android phone guess I will have to find one for inside walking any suggestions
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    If you can't use your phone step tracker see if Runtastic's Pedometer is available for you. It works indoors.

Cheers, h.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Thanks middle