They think it's gross...

Been doing a lot of research and discovered cottage cheese is a protein powerhouse and I've been having trouble getting my protein in. But I hate cold cottage cheese. Even with fruit...however, I thought if I warmed it up in the microwave and added things to it, it'd taste like the inside of a calzone. Lo and behold, warm cottage cheese with garlic powder and cumin is yummmm! My roommate thinks I'm gross..

What do u eat that others might find gross?

Replies

• ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Used to make a protein slop out of canned chicken (room temp) and cottage cheese (cold). Most people gagged just looking at it.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    cooked beets
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    cooked beets

Cooked beets are the yummest. I just picked up a nice bag today at the store. I just hate it when the pot boils over. Stains everything.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Potato pudding. No one ever knows its made of potatoes when they try it and say its delicious, Then they suddenly think im a freak when they find out hah
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    I eat all kinds of things that others turn their nose up to. Tofu, lentils, beans, and eggplant (they say it's a texture thing) heck I'll throw all those into one dish. Yummy.

Canned chicken with cold cottage cheese makes me want to gag just thinking about it.

Ate it nearly every day for lunch. Those were darker times.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    I eat all kinds of things that others turn their nose up to. Tofu, lentils, beans, and eggplant (they say it's a texture thing) heck I'll throw all those into one dish. Yummy.

Canned chicken with cold cottage cheese makes me want to gag just thinking about it.

Ate it nearly every day for lunch. Those were darker times.

Those sound like dark times.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I love most of my veggies al dente or raw, most of my friends and family don't want much of anything to crunch. I can't stomach the soggy broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans . . . I will at times just to be polite - can't wait for Thanksgiving.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Haggis. Seems to alarm much of the rest of the world but it's really not much different to sausages of old. And it's delicious. And other traditional British food. But haggis, even to the other bits of Britain, people find gross.

Baked beans cold out of the tin sometimes.

Pickled mussels.

Basically, I'll largely try anything within reason at least once.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I thought if I warmed it up in the microwave and added things to it, it'd taste like the inside of a calzone. Lo and behold, warm cottage cheese with garlic powder and cumin is yummmm!
    Add pepperoni and your life will never be the same! I also strain my cottage cheese to get rid of any excess liquid.

You guys... :open_mouth::love:
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    When I was growing up I was allergic to dairy so I drank Mocha Mix (a non-dairy coffee creamer) or potato milk instead. It was all I knew! And no, I was not even remotely overweight at the time, lol! I still say potato milk is incredible, though I don't know where it can be bought (my mom used to get it shipped to California from New Jersey), but now the thought of drinking Mocha Mix grosses even me out! :s
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Been doing a lot of research and discovered cottage cheese is a protein powerhouse and I've been having trouble getting my protein in. But I hate cold cottage cheese. Even with fruit...however, I thought if I warmed it up in the microwave and added things to it, it'd taste like the inside of a calzone. Lo and behold, warm cottage cheese with garlic powder and cumin is yummmm! My roommate thinks I'm gross..

What do u eat that others might find gross?

Add pepperoni and your life will never be the same! I also strain my cottage cheese to get rid of any excess liquid.

I second this. Cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, and pepperoni is YUMMY!!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Tuna mixed with hummus topped with pickles or relish!
    My sons clear the room when I prepare it