Totally frustrated !!

Options
I have been so diligent with track for 85 days straight (total wt loss 14 lbs) and at first I was losing weight...now barely nothing. I'm talking .2 and .4 per week weight loss. My calories fall between 1050 and 1230 per day....suggestions ?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    .2 to .4 is nothing...but the amount you lose is all dependant on CI vs CO.

You say you are logging 1050 and 1230...but chances are you are eating more than you think.

Do you use a food scale to measure your intake?
    Do you log everything you eat...everyday?
    Do you exercise? is it new exercise? do you eat your exercise calories back?

Suggestions right now are answer the above questions and open your diary.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

You say you are logging 1050 and 1230...but chances are you are eating more than you think.

All of this!
  • dingylingo
    dingylingo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Literally everything here and we can help you find some answers:

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are your height and weight? As mentioned upthread, your losses are not nothing. In fact, they are good IMO and may be great depending on your stats. If you are comparing them to the oft-quoted "1 to 2 pounds is a good rate of loss", keep in mind that losing even a pound a week is difficult for most women who are within 15 pounds of their goal and for some it could be more than 15.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    why are you going so low on calories? what did MFP give you when you ran your stats
  • Sandy62351
    Sandy62351 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP says 1200 Calories, I don't eat the exercise extra cals, not that I'm very active. I'm soo nervous of over eating ......I'm less then 10 lbs to goal, maybe my expectations are to high
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sandy62351 wrote: »
    MFP says 1200 Calories, I don't eat the exercise extra cals, not that I'm very active. I'm soo nervous of over eating ......I'm less then 10 lbs to goal, maybe my expectations are to high

Yep, sounds like it :) I know it is hard and kind of annoying but at this point your weekly losses are likely going to dribble in. Keep up the good work.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

are you set to lose 2lbs a week? 1200 seems awfully low if you are within 10lbs of goal weight - maybe consider readjusting to .5lbs a week
  • notreallychris
    Options
    Do you have your goal set at 2lbs per week? With only 10 to go, you may want to change it to .5 per week to lose.
  • notreallychris
    Options

are you set to lose 2lbs a week? 1200 seems awfully low if you are within 10lbs of goal weight - maybe consider readjusting to .5lbs a week

lol! Great minds they say...
  • Sandy62351
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I set I weight loss at 2 lb a week when I started. Lets see what it says now :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

this is of no consequence at the moment tho.

The OP isn't logging more than 1200 and still not losing.

the issue isn't how much a week she wants to lose it's the fact she is not losing at the rate she should be based on the log.

If the OP ups her calories the .2 -.4 losses will probably disappear too.

OP how are you measuring intake?
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to your goal, you need to look at how you are measuring and logging foods. Do you use a scale in the kitchen for your foods? You really need to at this point. Be as precise as you can. You state you're not very active. Maybe add some walking in to be a little more active than you are. It's the easiest and cheapest thing to do.
  • notreallychris
    Options

this is of no consequence at the moment tho.

The OP isn't logging more than 1200 and still not losing.

the issue isn't how much a week she wants to lose it's the fact she is not losing at the rate she should be based on the log.

If the OP ups her calories the .2 -.4 losses will probably disappear too.

OP how are you measuring intake?

Oh yea! OP if you aren't weighing your food, ALL of your food, start there. Do it accurately for 6 weeks, if you're still noticing a stall after that, then look at readjusting.
  • Sandy62351
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 57 yrs.last 10 lbs to go. I'm not very active (walking-Garmin) and I do weigh everything. I will be more exacting the next few weeks and see how things go. Also water is a problem, I'm not staying hydrated as I should.

So you can see I have some work
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You haven't answered yet, are you using a food scale?
  • thatdanstoner
    thatdanstoner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ever hear of the "Whoosh Effect". Happens to me all the time, just keep tracking your calories and keep going!

https://www.google.com/search?q=whoosh+effect&oq=whoosh+effect&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2000j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  • Sandy62351
    Options
    I do use a food scale, that is what is driving me crazy....between measuring spoons and scale, I'm on it.