19F 5'4 115 Looking for a diet buddy :)

Options
jayfelis
jayfelis Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there!
I'm pretty new here and I really would like a diet buddy to keep me motivated and accountable for what I eat. Like the title says I'm currently looking to lose around ~10-15lbs. I'll post my calorie counts daily and would love it if I found a buddy!

-Jay

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You want to be 100 lbs at 5'4"?
  • jayfelis
    Options
    Yep! I'm skinny fat right now I think. I need to exercise and get to my weight. It seems like a low number but for my frame it'd look better!
  • jayfelis
    Options
    Yeah, you have a good point. I think I'll try for ~105 then, and start doing a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day. You look great!
  • SarahMallick13
    SarahMallick13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jayfelis wrote: »
    Hey there!
    I'm pretty new here and I really would like a diet buddy to keep me motivated and accountable for what I eat. Like the title says I'm currently looking to lose around ~10-15lbs. I'll post my calorie counts daily and would love it if I found a buddy!

-Jay

hi jay! i'm 18 and i guess i also need a diet buddy. it's really hard to diet when you have little control everyone around you eats whatever they want
  • SarahMallick13
    SarahMallick13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    omg the rest of my post didn't post smh. what i was saying was i don't think 100 lbs is a healthy weight for someone your height. i'm 5'7.5" and the healthiest weight i've found acceptable for me is 120-125 lbs. my little sister weighs about 90 something pounds and is the same height as you, and she's VERY thin in the least healthy way :( i'd aim for a higher number, say, 107-110? i'm no expert but that seems right to me
  • jayfelis
    Options
    omg the rest of my post didn't post smh. what i was saying was i don't think 100 lbs is a healthy weight for someone your height. i'm 5'7.5" and the healthiest weight i've found acceptable for me is 120-125 lbs. my little sister weighs about 90 something pounds and is the same height as you, and she's VERY thin in the least healthy way :( i'd aim for a higher number, say, 107-110? i'm no expert but that seems right to me

Hey there, nice to meet you!
  • jayfelis
    Options
    LOL the same thing just happened to me... lost my whole paragraph. Anyway yeah- you're a great height and weight- what's your goal? I carry my weight kind of badly, it's all in my thighs and face IMO. So I want to get to 105, and then tone/do a lot of cardio. I should be doing cardio now, but I'm lazy :( Anyways thanks for adding!
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you're focusing on the number on the scale rather than what you'r body is made up of so you're gonna have a bad time.I have no idea why anyone would want to be underweight. At the end of it, you won't be able to eat all that much and you'll probably still be skinny fat.

Why must you be 100lbs? At 5'2 i could not see my see under 130lbs with muscle. I think you need to look at BF% and look at gaining muscle. Doing some recomp.

Here's some examples

29gij38.jpg

2uot9gn.jpg

35d92tx.jpg

34y62ki.jpg
  • jayfelis
    Options
    So are you saying I should stop trying to lose weight? I do know toning up is important but I just want to become pretty thin- I'm really overweight compared to my Asian relatives haha. Thanks for all the pictures though, that's amazing. Do they weightlift or something?
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think 105lbs is fine goal weight since you're Asian. We tend to have a smaller body frame compared to other ethnicities, so lower weights look fine on us, while the same weight might look too thin on somebody with a larger body frame.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yes - recomp = eat at or just below maintenance and lift heavy weights. :)
  • jayfelis
    Options
    twl900 wrote: »
    I think 105lbs is fine goal weight since you're Asian. We tend to have a smaller body frame compared to other ethnicities, so lower weights look fine on us, while the same weight might look too thin on somebody with a larger body frame.

Yeah, thanks! For me 10lbs really shows and I definitely carry my weight a lot differently since the smaller frame. Thanks for commenting! :)
  • jayfelis
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    Yes - recomp = eat at or just below maintenance and lift heavy weights. :)

Okay! Like dumbbells?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    5' 5", started at 138lbs, currently 126, my goal weight is 117-120.

I am also skinny fat, but I want to get to my goal weight before 'toning' up.

I was 120lbs back in 2011 before I got married and started a cubicle job that's trying to kill me lol
  • jayfelis
    Options

I was 120lbs back in 2011 before I got married and started a cubicle job that's trying to kill me lol

We seem to have similar goals then! Mind if I add you? We can share calorie lists daily, hahah
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jayfelis wrote: »
    LOL the same thing just happened to me... lost my whole paragraph. Anyway yeah- you're a great height and weight- what's your goal? I carry my weight kind of badly, it's all in my thighs and face IMO. So I want to get to 105, and then tone/do a lot of cardio. I should be doing cardio now, but I'm lazy :( Anyways thanks for adding!

If you're skinny fat, a lot of cardio won't help.

Instead of trying to lose weight you need to decide whether you want to stop being lazy and make an effort to change your body through recomp.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Again, if you are skinny fat, losing more weight will not help.
  • jayfelis
    Options

Again, if you are skinny fat, losing more weight will not help.

I don't know if I'm "skinny fat," that's just what I'm guessing. And okay, I'll start doing the treadmill + lifting stuff ~2/3 times a week and gradually increase.