Struggling with meal sizw

Options
Struggling with 3meals can i split daily intake over 5days

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can eat as many or a few meals as you like, when you like.... Meal frequency and timing is pretty irrelevant for most people
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Many people have a weekly calorie goal, and save up calories during the week so they can eat more on Saturday/Sunday.

Oh, in case I misunderstood - number of meals is totally up to preference. And preference can change - I have enjoyed 6 meals per day just as much as I enjoy 3 meals per day.

Also in case you're forcing down large amounts of boring low calorie food - don't. You can eat anything you want in moderation. Healthy weightloss is not about eating as few calories as possible, it's actually about variety and balance, so you can eat normal meals, and maybe not even that differently from what you're used to.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Of course you can. I rarely eat more than twice a day and my daily calories vary a lot, more than 1000 calories sometimes. I like to eat a lot more on the weekends so even in maintenance I maintain a deficit during the week.
  • mrs_hedgehog
    mrs_hedgehog Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As you know, you can eat more when you exercise. I'm a snacker; So, snacks help me throughout the day. If you're not already, watch your macros & make sure you're getting in enough protein, carbs & fat. I find I'm hungry when I lack in one or two of these. I constantly have to make sure I eat enough protein. I'm a sugar addict, so I make sure to watch my sugar intake too; This is way I adore the MFP app. It breaks it all down for me. It's all there in black & white. I like a high protein yogurt as a midmorning snack & perhaps a bakery slice of 8 grain bread with a tablespoon of nutbutter. I like cashew & almond butter, not just peanut butter. Hope this helped. In myfitnesspal friendship, Susanna