Completely lost motivation !!!

Options
I have lost 2 & half stone so far but for the few weeks I have lost motivation now & cant seem to stick to my diet plan! Any one got any tips for me to get back on track? Have a holiday in 6 weeks!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What diet plan is that? To lose weight, all you have to do, is consistently eat less (fewer calories than you burn), that's not all that difficult. Do you even need to lose weight?
  • phillyeagles9358
    phillyeagles9358 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Remember why you started in the first place! Take a photo of yourself that you can't stand and put it somewhere you'll see it everyday. If that doesn't motivate you to keep pushing I don't know what will. Keep at it!
  • aine1993mckay
    aine1993mckay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to stick to a 1,200 cal plan & trying to eat as healthy as possible, I’ve done really well up to this point but I’ve fell into old habits! Yeah I still need to lose 11 pounds!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Slow your losses so you can eat more. Stop thinking of food as healthy and unhealthy. Food is food. You need balance, you need to work out how to fit in the things that make life, including the indulgences, or you'll never maintain your losses.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to stick to a 1,200 cal plan & trying to eat as healthy as possible, I’ve done really well up to this point but I’ve fell into old habits! Yeah I still need to lose 11 pounds!
    If 11 pounds is all you have to lose, they'll come off slowly, and you have to be patient and accurate in you logging. Set your weightloss goal to 0.5 pounds per week and eat the number of calories MFP suggests (I'll wager it's not 1200) plus some of your exercise calories. If 1200 calories is too little food for you, no diet of 1200 calories can be healthy. You can undereat for some time, but hunger will catch up wuth you, and that is never pretty. (Your "but" is in reality a "so".)
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Slow your losses so you can eat more. Stop thinking of food as healthy and unhealthy. Food is food. You need balance, you need to work out how to fit in the things that make life, including the indulgences, or you'll never maintain your losses.

+1

Excellent advice
  • jaimestewart1980
    jaimestewart1980 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 & half stone so far but for the few weeks I have lost motivation now & cant seem to stick to my diet plan! Any one got any tips for me to get back on track? Have a holiday in 6 weeks!!!

Buy a swimsuit 1 size too small and make sure you fit into it for your vacation!