Out of food, literally.

Options
I've been making my own meals and eating healthy. Today I ran out of food. The only thing I have to eat is probably packaged noodles..
They're only 280 calories, high in carbs, and VERY high in sodium.. 1300 to be specific.

Is it okay to eat a couple packages until I go grocery shopping? I never eat fast food or processed/can foods. But today.. ehh!

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I guess you could eat them, but I'd prob make a quick trip to the store instead. Im not a ramen noodle person.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    sounds like you don't have a choice, lol. why ask? if you don't have any other food then eat it, you definitely shouldn't starve.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    You don't have to use the whole packet of seasoning. I rarely do use the entire pack for things. If my kids want mac n cheese, I get the 50% whole grain one and only use half the cheese sauce packet. If I get the stir fry veggies (frozen) that I love, I only use half of the stir fry sauce in the bag. It cuts down big time on the sodium.

Otherwise, I'd suggest a quick trip to grab something healthier if it fits...
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Definitely better to eat than not. Just make sure that you are drinking plenty of water with that high a sodium count. One day isn't going to hurt you.
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found something better than the packaged noodles. Canned vegetable soup. Half the calories, carbs and sodium of the noodles. Thanks again!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Are you down to noodles because you are out of money? In which case eat the noodles. If not maybe a trip to the grocery store.?

If you are on a budget when you do your grocery shop then maybe try to plan a little better?

Not much help I know but noodles are bad...try to find something else that is cheap and low cals.

Good luck x
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    SOUP yum yum :-)
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Out of money at the moment haha.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Goodness! Eat the noodles! :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, it would certainly be better than not eating at all!! If that's all you have, eat it.