Gained half the weight back :(

Options
Hey guys... I'm back. I've gained half of the 80lb loss back from a year and a half ago so I'm here to pull my bootstraps up again. I was really thinking I'd be able to go off calorie counting but I think I need to resign myself to it being a part of my life forever. I'm setting a weight limit. If I go over it again then I have to get back to counting calories. I could use support as I get back on the track to healthy living.

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    the fact that you're back makes you a winner. Welcome back
  • cleanslateplate
    cleanslateplate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I lost 28 pounds a few years ago and have gained it all back. We can do this...again!
  • P3gs
    P3gs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen, too. I know every time I falter (this time after much success I convinced myself that "I've got this"). I t became a slippery slope. The "after I finish this" or "later"...... never works. Each excuse represents a setback. I've gotten back, and I can't believe how wonderful it feels to be living a healthy life again. I always try to have fun doing it, and that helps too.
  • hisamazinggirl
    hisamazinggirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it ! You have done this once already you can do it again ! I beleive in you !
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, All the best!! Feel free to add me :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    You won't necessarily have to count calories forever, but you will need to weigh yourself and track that for life. That way you can catch the uptick in your weight before it's gotten so far away from your goal.
  • dansal32
    dansal32 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi there .. I lost 55 pounds last year and gained back 33 :( but i'm sure we can do this again.
  • Chelsea_LO
    Chelsea_LO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here! Life changes really can sneak up and derail your success. Being positive and staying determined is hard but it WILL come back off and you should surround yourself with positivity and know that the mental part is by far the hardest! Good luck and feel free to add me if you want a motivational friend :)
  • dsromp
    dsromp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You got this! We all have setbacks, it’s how you deal with them that says who you are and what you are about. You are back in the game, you didn’t and haven’t given in or given up! Slow and steady and if you have a bad day, learn from it, ask yourself why, do some introspection, don’t beat yourself up, keep moving forward and just make the next day and all the ones after, your b!tches! ❤️
  • MBArchie1981
    MBArchie1981 Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I lost 50lb about a year ago and was doing so well. I got hurt at work and fell off the wagon. But I'm back and ready to kick some ***!!! Good luck on your journey. #onamission
  • leonhnchan
    leonhnchan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You've shown up. You're on your way there!
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm back here for the 2nd time and am now very close to my 2nd goal (met first goal but decided I could stand to lose another kilo). The problem was I stopped weighing and logging with predictable results. Well I could still fit into my clothes but not in an optimal way :)
    Have decided my ongoing approach is weigh daily as my main control. I also log food and keep an open diary. That helps me make better choices. For example: I looked in the dairy cabinet today and wanted the >700 kj per 250 ml extra creamy milk I really like that froths up so well in my milk frother, but instead I chose the approx 535 kj per 250 ml high protein, high calcium milk. I'll occasionally get that extra creamy milk though :)
    The logging / weighing takes about 10 mins a day which is well spent.
    I'll know if I need to make any adjustments. If I do, the sooner the better.