fighting my food addiction .

Options
I am looking for help staying on track. a few months ago i had gotten to 55 ibs lost and then i just leap off of the wagon with both feet. my daughter moved out and my oldest son moved in, Emotions got the best of me. the sad part is , i felt so much better when i was eating right. i don't understand how my brain can be so backwards. I am back on the wagon 2 days now, and i intend to stay there with help from this community. :smile:

Replies

• banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome. This is a great place for support and motivation. :)
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, our ins and outs some similar! As long as you get back up after falling down is all that matters. Happy you're back! I would love to be your MFP Friend! Just add me and we can chat when needed!
  • redcurlygirl
    Options
    This website/ community has been so uplifting for me, and I believe that it will be for you too. It's nice to feel like you're not going it alone everyday!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Practicing de-attachment from food mentally is a great start and I accredit it to my beginning efforts and weightless. Free yourself from those sensual desires to eat and eat then you free yourself. A calm and stable mentality will always be kind to you also.

It gets easier as you probably already know.
  • lorenzamoreno
    Options
    i have the samething happing to me my kids dont help they just say it ok mom NO SOPORT they dont understand im obist or fat i wish someone would help lets help each other have you tryed diebetic diet go on dieabetic diet.com and see if it help :flowerforyou:
  • Clw927
    Clw927 Posts: 26
    Options
    I know how you feel... I am addicted to soda... how silly is that??? It is hard to say no... but try saying YES to healthy choices... I am trying to curb my addiction by drinking tons of water... which I really dislike...but I dislike being overweight more... so I keep trying to keep my mind focused on the moment... do I want this soda that dang badly that I am willing to stay overweight for it? This is a new thing for me...we'll see how it works! :)
  • Trinity63095
    Options
    Its funny how much our loved ones think their helping us by saying things like " you don't need to lose weight" they love us just as we are. the problem is we want to participate in life too. being fat stops me from having fun. I used to run , run , all the time. now i just want to eat and sleep. I have a full time job, but it seems no matter what food is on my mind 24/7. That one day at a time is the only way to fly. every day is a new commitment and when i make it i tell myself good job. give your self a big pat on the back for turning the right direction and reaching out. I really appreaciate your support.
  • Trinity63095
    Options
    I was so addicted to soda, i had to crack open a pepsi first thing in the morning. The best thing about dropping soda, 3 days into it the craving starts to go away. Then you lose weight pretty fast and easy. Now i drink tons of water, i'm a water snob. I have filtred water in the frig and at work to refill my wqater bottle. Try going to less soda a day , or watering it down. My one friend would by one bottle a day and sip on it all day . she hated it hot but told herself if she wanted it she would have thqat one or none at all. she quit after 2 weeks. good luck to you and thanks for your support.:happy: