Half the Woman I Used to Be

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Re! Amazing work and dedication. But please come back and say hello at the 50+. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Very witty. Great job!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Someone said already what I was going to say, so I will repeat that.....

Totally and respectfully disagree with the title. I mean, I get it....you were 360+ and now you are 180. So, half the person you once were. But....

You can see the confidence in your essence. I can't quite find the words, but I think that comes close. Amazing journey, Love the song | poem. I can hear it my head! Very cool.

Doesn't it feel great to know that a lot of potential medical issues are no longer 'potential medical issues'? Dang! Total WIN for you. Cool beans!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! You are all so sweet.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Absolutely excellent. The achievement, the post, the blog, the song...but most importantly, your attitude, sense of humor, and outlook on life is the most inspiring!!! Great job!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Wow what a journey. You have done amazing. Your before and after pics are really impressive.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    A Long, Long Time ago…
    I can still remember how the pastry used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance, that I could find some 5x pants
    And maybe, they would fit me, for a while…

But January had me cryin
    That milestone Birthday came a flyin
    40 on my doorstep
    I had to make a sure step

I can’t remember if I cried
    When I thought of all the plans I’d tried
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day Delusion died.

I started singing
    Bye Bye German Apple Pie
    Bought a bevy of fresh veggies
    And gave protein a try
    Them Good Ol’ Boys can keep their sourdough and rye
    Because this won’t be the year that I die
    This won’t be the year that I die....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello, MFP Peeps.

Because my posts are long, I have made a blog of my story and posted it. IF you happen to like words, as I do - you can check them out here:

myfitnesspal.com/blog/IremiaRe/view/half-the-woman-i-used-to-be-941452

For the rest of you, here are some pictures and stats.

f9p1qtqm7h6o.jpg

7wbiramitsoy.jpg

SW: 367
    Waist: 56”
    Hips: 66”

CW: 181
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 45

Clearly, at 181, I am not in peak condition or even out of the Obese category – but, for me this is a major milestone and a place to stop for a moment and reflect. Today, I am less than half the woman that I used to be. I never thought I would see this weight again, but here I am. From 5x at 40 and 4x at 50. I am aiming for a size 6 by the time I hit 60. Heck, it might even take me that long…. But I know how to do it, now… and I have changed the way I eat, changed the way I live. Not dramatically – I still eat tacos and pizza – but, changed my mind-set about what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it. There are no “magic beans.” It’s going to take time and effort to get to a normal size, but I have no doubt that I will do it.

Amazing transformation. You look wonderful. Great lyrics too Miss former german apple pie.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Bravo! May your success inspire others to get similar results.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    RE, oh I love love LOVE your song and pics! Your transformation is inspiring!! So proud of you, and it makes me persevere all the more!
    Becca
  • vhepp5
    vhepp5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! You should have the Biggest smile on your face lady..be proud of yourself this is a tough road!
  • getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So inspirational, thank you for sharing and for not giving up
  • grandmahopie
    grandmahopie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    A Long, Long Time ago…
    I can still remember how the pastry used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance, that I could find some 5x pants
    And maybe, they would fit me, for a while…

But January had me cryin
    That milestone Birthday came a flyin
    40 on my doorstep
    I had to make a sure step

I can’t remember if I cried
    When I thought of all the plans I’d tried
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day Delusion died.

I started singing
    Bye Bye German Apple Pie
    Bought a bevy of fresh veggies
    And gave protein a try
    Them Good Ol’ Boys can keep their sourdough and rye
    Because this won’t be the year that I die
    This won’t be the year that I die....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello, MFP Peeps.

Because my posts are long, I have made a blog of my story and posted it. IF you happen to like words, as I do - you can check them out here:

myfitnesspal.com/blog/IremiaRe/view/half-the-woman-i-used-to-be-941452

For the rest of you, here are some pictures and stats.

f9p1qtqm7h6o.jpg

7wbiramitsoy.jpg

SW: 367
    Waist: 56”
    Hips: 66”

CW: 181
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 45

Clearly, at 181, I am not in peak condition or even out of the Obese category – but, for me this is a major milestone and a place to stop for a moment and reflect. Today, I am less than half the woman that I used to be. I never thought I would see this weight again, but here I am. From 5x at 40 and 4x at 50. I am aiming for a size 6 by the time I hit 60. Heck, it might even take me that long…. But I know how to do it, now… and I have changed the way I eat, changed the way I live. Not dramatically – I still eat tacos and pizza – but, changed my mind-set about what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it. There are no “magic beans.” It’s going to take time and effort to get to a normal size, but I have no doubt that I will do it.

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, Re. Keep it up-- the songwriting and wellness <3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Re,Such a sweet song & such an inspiration.You are looking wonderful.What a celebration.
    It’a long aggravating road....but you are winning the race.Go Re!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    get it Girl!!!!!
  • Bkind2meAli
    Bkind2meAli Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!You look amazing!!!And I'm sure you feel that way also!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks, All. I am glad I have all of you along for the rest of the journey!
  • crazycookie97
    crazycookie97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Such an inspiration! Bravo !
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re - I had heard about you blog; read the entire thing this AM. I don't remember your before picture on MFP 50+ WOMEN (in any month). I do remember your present weight pictures and even the posts where you had lost weight, to get where you were heading. To be 'half the woman you used to be'. I am also 5'4".

WOW! What a transformation. I always remember you starting posts there with a catchy intro to your post. I miss that. I still go there and read, respond if I want to. But, this blog will be my #1 page to read because it has made me smile.

I'm about 20+ lbs. away from getting to my goal. Each plateau I hit is hard. Right now I am working on kicking myself off one, or at least down a few more lbs. Going to PT for my dizziness. MD (ENT) said 'it could be vertigo; and, if it was the PT would help. Doing so would make it 'feel like a switch had been turned on'. I'm able to do more of what I could when I first started. Shaking head, nodding head, walking heel-to-toe (this is when I have to say, 'Mr. Policeman, I haven't had anything to drink; but, I cannot walk a straight line. I cannot do any of your 'field sobriety tests', so just take me in and give me a breath test." Standing on some piece of equipment that moves side-to-side and back-and-forth. When I first started I grabbed my PT a whole lot more than I do now. He says he thinks it is my BP spiking and dropping and I have started keeping up with it. I believe that, maybe, he is right. It was rather slow when waking up and sitting on the side of bed; but, then it would drop when I stood up. Now, I am doing it more slowly.

I see there are a lot of women here that I recognize from WOMEN 50+. At 66, I don't want to even be a bit heavier than a healthy normal BMI. I think I am in 'overweight' category and my BMI needs to drop 2 points to get there. I know I eat better most days, thanks to MFP and tracking my CI/CO. I'm trying to exercise everyday (Sunday is my 'day off' from exercising) - I think knowing that 'exercise' means I will have to get up on my treadmill - is very BORING!!! But, we have pretty mild weather here; but, sometimes it is too cold or windy to get outside in the sun. I know there are other ways - but, I miss being able to get in the pool.

I've got a mini-trampoline that I have asked DH to get DOS to help put it together - there is a step in the instructions that require 2 'strong' people to fold it out completely. I think standing on it and doing that will give me enough of an area to work on helping me stand and be stable. I won't jump on it for a while (I don't want to hear DH say that he was right - if I fall off); but, hope I can get there.

Knowing that I can change up a lot of things in my life will keep me trying to do so. This is a life-long journey and I can't get complacent about what I do, putting in my mouth or working on my feet. I did not put it on over-night, I won't take it off over-night. I know what you mean when you say that one cannot make a loved one work to get to what they have said, over and over, they want to do. They have to be the one to make the commitment to change. But, I am 'not supposed' to say anything about their weight; but, they are quick to comment about mine. I'd love to tell them 'how they could do it, too'; but, what I get is 'I can't do that; I can afford to do what you are doing to lose weight'.

Love your blog - love your poem. Did you write it all at one sitting or was it done in spurts? I have written a poem that I started 30 years ago - when I was diagnosed as being 'bipolar' ... I added to it when the words came together. And while I am not going to physically 'give myself the first piece of the pie' - literally; I will do so 'figuratively'. If I am not good to myself, I cannot be to my family, friends, or any others I know.

I became a Christian 2 days prior to my 60th birthday. It has helped me overcome a lot - whether it was the acceptance of being diagnosed with being 'bipolar', having a 'seizure disorder', 'being overweight', or having a MD decide that she would not allow me to go home (where I knew I would be treated better;) but, instead sent me to another hospital - just so she 'could FIX me'." That wasn't something said because she wanted me to get better, it was because I challenged her and her 'position' as my 'assigned' MD. That is what I did and I have not regretted any single minute of it and I would do it again. Her actions nearly 'got me killed'; my actions caused her to not be able to 'have hospital privileged at the local hospital'. But, I was taught 'growing up' to 'stand by my convictions and fight as hard as it took'. I did, it worked - so I know I will be successful at reaching my goal. Having others to inspire me, encourage me, help me do so; I will be 'wide open' to receive what they give.

You probably remember me; and, you know that I also write long posts. Mainly, because 'typing' is relaxing to me and being able to express what I feel is what I might type about.

YOU GO GIRL! Love you and have since I first met you on MFP!

Lenora (occasionally referred to as GRITSandSLUTS)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!