Ovarian cyst

Options

Replies

• camilledaisy
    camilledaisy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you have to have surgery but I'm glad it can be resolved. Hope your recovery is easy and the you feel back to normal really quickly.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing a few years ago. Over the years I had had a few cysts rupture. It wasn't getting any better so I had to have a radical hysterectomy and it was determined I had cervical carcinoma in situ. I had two large cysts that had adhered to the pelvic wall. I am glad I had the surgery because I am now pain free and have quality of life back. Good luck with your surgery. Remember to allow your body the time it needs to heal afterwards.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    An ovarian cyst requires a hysterectomy why? If it's necessary, it's necessary, but your uterus helps support all of your other internal organs. Removing the uterus causes a whole host of other complications. If it were me, I would be darned sure there's an actual reason for it, other than it's a little easier for the surgeon. I'm sorry you're in pain and I hope they are able to resolve this quickly for you. (I've had 2 laparoscopic procedures and 1 open for ovarian cysts, so I feel you.) Best of luck.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Because it is 14cm around and must come out whole, there is also many fibroid s and some endometriosis so I am being opened up from the belly button downwards.
    A panel of doctors decided the course of action.

I can't wait for the surgery, I'm huge and in so much pain. Least once it's done I'll get better day by day.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Because it is 14cm around and must come out whole, there is also many fibroid s and some endometriosis so I am being opened up from the belly button downwards.

I can't wait for the surgery, I'm huge and in so much pain. Least once it's done I'll get better day by day.

Heya. Sending you support and love. I hope you feel better after the surgery.

I have a question maybe you can answer? Is it possible to have "some endometriosis"? I always just thought of it as having it or you don't. Sorry. Just curious for myself because I struggle as well with terrible pain.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Endometriosis is basically skin growing which acts like womb lining.
    He just said I had some near my fallopian tube.
    I've never had any thing before in my life which he said is unusual.
    I've never had a heavy period or period pain.
    Trust me that when I do get something it goes full on :)
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options

You will get better day by day. What I'm understanding then, is you have multiple gyno issues, not just the cyst. I had my open procedure so they could remove the whole thing, as well. I didn't have other issues, though so that was the only thing they had to take out. Well, and part of each ovary. I had a lot of smaller cysts too. Best of luck. You'll feel so much better within no time. Personally, I found the surgical pain easier to deal with than the pain from the cyst, so I felt better as soon as I recovered from the anesthesia.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wow! I've had several ovarian cysts but never one that cause weight gain or symptoms. Only one that had to be removed (the other went away on their own). I wouldn't even have known I had them if my GYN didn't find them during and exam.
  • Rosiev2014
    Rosiev2014 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad they've got to the bottom of it! I had a very similar operation a few years ago, my ovary had grown to 15cm and was removed the same way. Just take your recovery slowly, those abdominal muscles will take time to heal, they will have had a lot of pulling and prodding during the op! Best of luck, Rosie
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Pre op today. Then surgery on December 20th.
    Hopefully be out Christmas eve.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre op today. Then surgery on December 20th.
    Hopefully be out Christmas eve.

fingers crossed :flowerforyou:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ticking the awsome button just doesn't feel right so...(((( <3 ))))

Hope everything goes well today.

Cheers, h.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Thank you both :)

Look away now if toilet habits are TMI.
    On the morning of my surgery I have to have an enema to give them more space and reduce the risk of knicking my bowel.
    One of the conditions for going home is that I have went to the toilet.
    I will be on morphine controlled by me at the press of a button when needed which I presume will slow things down.
    Does anyone know how many days it might take to move shall we say
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Commiserations on the enema.

I'll throw this in just to give you a smile-
    (Read as a Monty Python script)

As you know I am old, I gave birth in England sometime during the Dark Ages.

In those days they took you in a sterile room plastic covered gurney one side, bath tub the other, toilet inbetween.

I had to strip bare naked and lay on the gurney. Next thing I knew a rubber tube was inserted and warm soapy water was introduced. No one warned me there was an enema involved! After 15 min on the well placed toilet my pubic hair was attacked by a cut throat razor and I was put in a warm bath to encourage labour.

Child birth after that trauma was a breeze.

Sorry, after that brief detour I have no idea how long it may take to poo. I personally would encourage my visitors to bring fruit, especially mandarin oranges, to encourage a little movement.

Cheers, h.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sister had one so this info/conversation is very helpful, thanks.
  • sbrya0362
    sbrya0362 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My friends has them get warm bath water amd lay in it for 20 minutes
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    sbrya0362 wrote: »
    My friends has them get warm bath water amd lay in it for 20 minutes

I have had many, many lovely long hot baths since my tumour developed.

They didn't even stop it growing let alone cure it.
  • Wakeup2014
    Wakeup2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you....glad all is okay and you’re having surgery. I had a fibroid that grew to a whopping 28cm and had it out two years ago!!!! It was scary at the time but I feel so much better now and I’ve actually lost a good amount of weight since then too! :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Wow that is huge. I'm popping at 14cm!

I struggle so badly day to day now. Walking is tough but only 11days to surgery.
    Least once it is cut out I'll get better every day
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @bbell1985 - Yes its possible to have some endometriosis. If needed you can visit doctors specializing in endometriosis.
    @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld - Best wishes. You will feel much better after recovery from surgery.