Apple Watch sync workouts

Options
RWilliams1976
RWilliams1976 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Does Any know if Apple Watch will sync Workouts to MFP???

Replies

• Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have my watch setup to share with my apple Health app, and MFP to share with my Health app, and they sync all my runs seamlessly...but not sure about other workouts?
  • dononeill
    dononeill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Recently I got the iphone x and for some reason my apple watch series 3 "workouts" data is not syncing with MFP. I know that the apple watch doesnt feed direct to the MFP App and that it actually syncs with the Apple Heath App, but all the data is in the Health App. The steps are being counted and syncing, but the "workouts" aren't and I keep getting this pop up when i open the MFP App that says how to sync the apple watch info through Health App, but I've already done that multiple times and all the settings are correct. I even reboot the phone, but that didn't do anything. I can see all the data in the apple Health App on the iphone x, but its not getting into the MFP App. Is there a glitch with the X or is there a fix for this in MFP?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I've solved synch glitches by deleting MFP app from phone and re-installing it. Can't hurt, might help.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    dononeill wrote: »
    Recently I got the iphone x and for some reason my apple watch series 3 "workouts" data is not syncing with MFP. I know that the apple watch doesnt feed direct to the MFP App and that it actually syncs with the Apple Heath App, but all the data is in the Health App. The steps are being counted and syncing, but the "workouts" aren't and I keep getting this pop up when i open the MFP App that says how to sync the apple watch info through Health App, but I've already done that multiple times and all the settings are correct. I even reboot the phone, but that didn't do anything. I can see all the data in the apple Health App on the iphone x, but its not getting into the MFP App. Is there a glitch with the X or is there a fix for this in MFP?

I've got an eight and have been getting the popup glitch too, although I *think* everything's syncing okay (my step counter and workouts seem fine, but my calorie adjustment seems a little wonky maybe). I don't know of any fix other than what you've tried, which I've also tried without getting rid of the popup.
  • mmkmiecik
    mmkmiecik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m with you all; since the update it keeps asking me to turn on my health app and turn it on to record but it’s all on! It’s so irritating because it’s not recording my treadmill running from MapMyRun to MyFitnessPal. It’s so frustrating! Help lol!!
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine is recording everything but I keep getting the pop up with the update too. One time it didn’t record so I added it manually.
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Does Any know if Apple Watch will sync Workouts to MFP???
    Yes it will mine syncs when I run, walk, or lift weights.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’ve got the same issue with the pop-up screen for syncing to the health app. I also get some crazy numbers under exercise where MFP is giving me a crazy negative adjustment. I usually just delete that because it makes zero sense. I have an Apple Watch 3 and iPhone 6s
  • marthadm
    marthadm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue - MFH is sending data to Health but not the other way around. Very frustrating! Anyone solved this yet?
  • niftytastic
    niftytastic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same question as above!
    I used to use fitbit charge 2 and now moved to Apple Watch. What I liked about Fitbit is that I could log my Les Mills workouts in MFP (using the actual name of the Les Mills program e.g. Bodycombat or Bodypump) and then it would sync into my fitbit dashboard to see the heartrate data etc during that workout.

Looking for a similar experience of MFP logging of a workout -> Activity app (my Strava data is all there!). The Healthkit seems to only allow Apple Watch to MFP and not the other way around :\ I just want to log it under the correct workout name.
  • tiffanyfosnight
    tiffanyfosnight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue-and found a solution.

I deleted the MFP app AND its data from the Apple Heath app. Then when I reinstalled MFP and updated permissions everything is loaded in. It also corrected the negative numbers I was getting, similar to Athena61's issue.