egg whites

Options
So I am thinking about just eating the egg whites and not the yokes cuz I eat a lot of eggs. I always feel guilty wasting the yolk. what do you do with it.

Replies

• rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually just get 100% Liquid Egg Whites and not have to worry about the mess. :tongue:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat the yolk too. Yolks are good for you.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I usually just get 100% Liquid Egg Whites and not have to worry about the mess. :tongue:

what she said ^^
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Garbage disposal.
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's good to have at least one yolk. Like what I do, is I make omlets with 3 egg whites and one whole egg. Very popular to do this... I have tried the Liquid Egg Whites and when ALL of the yolk is gone, it's like there is NO taste at all.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't feel guilty about tossing the yolk. You can buy egg white only mixer things in cartons. those are pretty good.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I usually buy Liquid Eggs so I don't have to deal with the yolks, but if I'm out and wanting eggs I just throw the yolk away.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When I was doing egg whites, I would just toss the yolks Into the garbage disposal with the shells. You'll get over it fast.

Or you can make custard. But that can be dangerous.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

only in moderation. they're full of fat and cholesterol.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This sounds gross, but put the yolks on your hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes, then wash it out. The cholesterol gives hair a bunch of moisture and shine.
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Unless you have high cholesterol there is nothing wrong with eating the whole egg...Unless you eat a lot of fat elsewhere
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been buying the big cartons of 100% egg whites because I too didn't like wasting the yolks. I still have a regular egg with yolk once in awhile since I still buy whole eggs for my kids.
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    they are good for you, but I think they are high in cholesterol if you eat a lot of them. I give them to my dog sometimes, because my vet said they are good for his coat. (in moderation=) if you have a dog...lol
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Throw in a yolk for every few eggs you eat. A lot of people don't seem to realize that while the yolks do contain saturated fat and cholesterol, they also contain most of the vitamins and minerals.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Explain to me what fat from the yolk is bad for you.

Explain to me how dietary cholesterol raises your blood serum cholesterol.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I use the liquid egg whites with sauteed vegetables like mushrooms or spinach to give it some flavor.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I usually give the bulk of my egg residue to someone else to enjoy. Maybe they could make their own flan from it. Or custard, as suggested.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Explain to me what fat from the yolk is bad for you.

Explain to me how dietary cholesterol raises your blood serum cholesterol.

Explain to me why every little post has to have people back talking and what not.
    & Eggs DO HAVE FAT AND CHOLESTEROL, she never claimed that they raised bad cholesterol or did anything else.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Had that problem until I tried the egg whites in a carton, to me not tasty at all and more expensive in the long run. Either toss the yolks or you could always make a hollandaise (sp) to with your egg whites...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I give the yolks to my cats. I hate egg yolks.