Do you just use MFP?

Options
I'm looking for some input. Besides my fitness pal do you use anything else to keep track of your food intake? Like weight watchers, Samsung Health, Apple Health ( Not sure if that's what it's called. I don't own anything apple)

I'm just trying to find my best options.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. :smiley:

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I do all my food though MFP.
    It syncs with my FitBit app, but that's all I use.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Nope, just here. No reason to do it twice. I also use Garmin for fitness stuff.
  • maitham09
    maitham09 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MFP is all what you need to lose weight. this app has everything.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Just MFP for food. MapMyRun to track exercise, but that's more just for record keeping.
  • Jeckia
    Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just wasnt sure if some people like other apps for different things.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have my Fitbit synced and I use Strava to track my runs. I also log my food on Cronometer because I enjoy seeing the more detailed nutritional breakdown for things like specific amino acids and minerals.
  • meloyellow27
    meloyellow27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just MFP and my food scale.... Keep it simple. It works!
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use MFP for food intake
    The pacer app for tracking steps
    Happy scale for giving me a weight trend
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    MFP is all I need to track food. I use SHealth on my phone to track my walking times and calories burned. I like the Libra phone ap to record my weight daily because it gives me a good trend line and a reasonable Goal Expected date that adjusts for every weigh-in.

• magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I started on Weight Watchers, but didn't like their new program, so I switched over to MFP. I overlapped MFP and weight watchers for a while. I only logged on MFP, but at that time I was needing some face to face support, which weight watchers provided for me.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go against the grain and confess that I use another site for my main tracking, as I find the entries for calories are more reliable there. I pre-plan a week's worth of meals into that site, and then if I have time I do my daily tracking here. either as I eat or the morning for the day.

Then if the calories are vastly different, I look at the entries to see what is driving that. I also like a slightly more complete picture of my nutrients than I get here. But I like mfp for the community and the support, which is unique as far as I can tell.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I log on mfp, I use https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list to get nutrition information to make sure that the mfp database or the 'my foods' data are accurate. I use www.convertunits.com to correctly account for weights and the various systems of measuring them. I do not use a fitness monitoring device.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I double track with MFP and DietOrganizer. I use custom food entries for both. I only use the general MFP food database when I'm away from the house and then tweak things in both MFP and DietOrganizer when I get home. It took a while to set up but only takes a couple of minutes to log each time I consume something. Recipes are much easier to put together in DietOrganizer and then I can quick add those calories to MFP.

DietOrganizer isn't getting any more updates but, since it's a downloadable rather than an app, it won't disappear like MFP can at any time if Under Armor decides to close MFP. Even if the DietOrganizer website goes away, I'll have the copies I downloaded to use until I find something different.
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to MFP for my food logging, but I track exercise in other apps.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    MFP, Libra to track weight, C25K to learn to run, and my food scale.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I just use MFP for tracking food. I have tried similar sites or apps but found MFP easiest to use with the biggest database.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    MFP is all thats needed anyone using more thn one thing is over-complicating and i find tend to be newer. Like, using C25k or weight trend apps are fine but double dipping and using MFP and another weight loss program site or something is just so unnecessary.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    For apps, I use MFP, Fitbit, C25k, Libra, Runkeeper, Beachbody on Demand, Simple Notes Calendar (to track all workouts), and Walk to Mordor cause it's fun. And Reddit /r/loseit.