binge eating and bulimia!

Options
I have struggled with binge eating and bulimia all my life I become very very very very addictive to food! It was like a drug that keeps me afloat, the world is a much better place when I'm high on food. If I'm not eating a large portion I'm not happy, if I'm not eating til I'm over full and uncomfortable then I'm not happy, if I'm not eating for 12 people then I'm not happy, if I'm not eating around the clock then I'm not happy, these are the things I struggle with, also I suffer from eating disorders like bulimia and body dysmorphia that's something that really take a toll on me I'm currently seeing a outpatient eating disorder clinic and a dietitian.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I hope you can get the right help, and work out what is making you so unhappy that you feel you need to eat to feel better.

I used to eat to make myself feel better - sometimes I still have moments of thinking that stuffing my face with tasty things is the right answer, but I've worked out ways to cope without it, and relieve the issues in other ways.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your treatment team whether calorie counting website is the best place for you?
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with bulimia and anorexia off and on since middle school. I've been in recovery since last February with no intent on going back. Recovery is so worth it! I wish you the best of luck.
  • Meghandarlin21
    Meghandarlin21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope you can get the right help, and work out what is making you so unhappy that you feel you need to eat to feel better.

I used to eat to make myself feel better - sometimes I still have moments of thinking that stuffing my face with tasty things is the right answer, but I've worked out ways to cope without it, and relieve the issues in other ways.

I hope so too before its too late!, pray that one day I get the strength to not put my body thru the abused that I'm doing to myself cause I can't love myself but only time wi tell.
  • Meghandarlin21
    Options
    I've struggled with bulimia and anorexia off and on since middle school. I've been in recovery since last February with no intent on going back. Recovery is so worth it! I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you hun and I'm happy for you hopefully you'll continue to stay positive.
  • Meghandarlin21
    Options
    Have you asked your treatment team whether calorie counting website is the best place for you?

No I didn't talk to her about it but she did recommend a app the same as this called myplate so I'm guessing its ok.