Craving something sweet

Options
So, I'm 2 weeks in, and I have lost 10bs (yay me, even if it was the initial water shed). But, today I'm REALLY craving something sweet. Like I could chew your arm off for a slice of chocolate cake. Any suggestions for something that might satisfy the craving without throwing myself into a big pool of regret?

Replies

• amycro86
    amycro86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ug, I'm not even that far, only 4 days. I'm a self-proclaimed sweets addict and it's killing me to be cut off. I only have bad advice, but peanut butter or a swig of orange juice are the only sweets getting me by. Tried "soil" but it was WAY too bitter for me (40g unsweetened cocoa powder, 8T almond milk, vanilla, stevia). Maybe pop a few berries?
  • jeaninesteam1
    jeaninesteam1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yogurt? Enlightened ice cream?
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I just need a little something I have sugar free Jell-O cups on hand (10 calories) or sugar free chocolate pudding cups (60 calories). I like fiber one brownies too. I keep individually wrapped chocolates around and just restrict myself to 1-2 pieces. Basically anything that comes in an individual size so I can't binge on the whole thing because I can't be trusted around things like that, haha.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I would say bubble gum maybe. Juicy fruit is usually pretty sweet. Lindor truffles are 3 pieces a serving and about 200 calories. Just make sure to savor the bites and dont eat them fast.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oats porridge with cocao powder and sweetener
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If berries or an apple or something like that doesn't cut it, go to the bakery and get a cupcake, or a cookie. Are you sure it's the sweet you're craving? For me sometimes it seems to be the fat I'm wanting and a few nuts or some cottage cheese does the trick.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2 Halloween aero bars, so yum
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I LOVVEEE Halo Chocolate ice cream. A normal pint of ice cream has like, 1000 to 1200 cals. An entire pint of Halo has about 260 cals. And it has protein. It's been a great alternative for me. And it's ice cream...not some weirdo alternative.
  • demortae
    demortae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some awesome suggestions that I'll keep in mind! Thanks, everyone :) I settled on an oat and raisin granola bar, and a little pecan creamer in my coffee. Hardly settling though since it satisfied my sweet tooth and fit within my daily calorie allowance.

And thank the Deities, I live in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest bakery is like an hour drive away. Definitely can't justify that drive for cake lol
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bar, double chocolate chunk works for me, because I'm always eager to get more protein in. The protein seems to keep me from eating my treat then diving into 5 more.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have a bunch of the dunkin hines perfect for one microwave mug mixes..perfect for when i would sell my husband for a slice of cake but dont want to "spend" 700+ calories.

eta. . i second the halo top. .but its getting a bit cold for it up here in the frozen new england area.
  • demortae
    demortae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oats porridge with cocao powder and sweetener

I eat oatmeal pretty well every morning. I'm gonna try this, and maybe add a little PB powder too!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/healthy-mug-cake-recipes/

I control how many sweets I have by not having, say, a dozen ready-made laying around. I have cocoa. I have sweetener. I have flour. If I want to make something sweet, it will take a little effort.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Kaeneus wrote: »
    I know that artificial sweeteners are kind of poison, but I literally would die without diet coke. Sugar free gum helps, too.

Nope http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary

I save calories every night for something sweet (usually ice cream). Right now it's pumpkin pie.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I like honeycrisp apples. Even a banana will hit the spot for me. Sometimes a biscotti with coffee. I like that a piece fruit has much less calories than a baked treat. I agree with getting ONE sweet/treat and not buying a whole box/bag/cake. Dark chocolate is also a good one. Kind Bars are good, but I have to just buy one--I'll eat the whole box.

I also have Lara mini bars (90-110 calories each) that I carry in my purse for when I get hungry in the street or at work and need something I can eat in a minute with no mess--instead of indulging in something with 500 calories. They are sweet but more "healthy" tasting than decadent, so I can have a box of them in the cupboard and not eat them all up at once.