Keto/Low Carb Friends

Options
Hey Hey Hey!!

Im not new to MFP but I have been following a Low Carb/Lazy Keto way of eating for the past few months and am looking for some buddies! :smile:

Love to support each other, share recipes and hold each other accountable!

Anyone feel free to add me :smile:

Replies

• alaskagirl59
    alaskagirl59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am doing Atkins. Did you get the premium my fitness pal? I am trying to decide if it is worth paying for.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • nicolecharvel21
    nicolecharvel21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I’m already part of a few groups for low carb/keto WOE. Was looking for some buddies for more direct support. Thanks though.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm about a month in on KETO with a bad Halloween day thrown in there.... I try to track religiously but ehhhh some days are better than others.
  • nicolecharvel21
    Options
    Yea I totally get that. Halloween was a curve ball for me too. I try to track religiously throughout the week and then just eat intuitively (only really keepin track of carbs) during the weekend.
  • nicolecharvel21
    Options
    @alaskagirl59 No i didnt get the premium MFP. I just calculate the net carbs and subtract my Fiber from my Total Carbs every day.
  • serenity920
    serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im also not new to MFP but starting back on Keto today. would love to connect for an accountability buddy.
  • amycro86
    amycro86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First time keto, 4 days in, and relatively new to MFP. Would love to connect for intermittent support.
  • kiteboardrocks
    kiteboardrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy I'm new to keto as well did a hour at the end of summer lost 15lb going for another 25 now.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP, but I've been doing keto for 2 months now :) Feel free to add me!
  • amycro86
    amycro86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, how do I add people?!
  • nicolecharvel21
    Options
    @amycro86 lol its ok. You just go to he persons profile and next to the profile picture it should say "Add Friend" :)
  • CrazyCarbContessa
    CrazyCarbContessa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on KETO too! I fell off the wagon last week but am starting again tomorrow! I am aiming for the 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% fat ratios. Although the first week I have to slowly drop the carbs from about 15% down to 5% over 7 days because I am Hypoglycemic and my body can't do the cold turkey drop in carbs. I did have a stall for 2 weeks but then the weight started coming off again. I eat a lot of canned and frozen greens because they are quick to prepare and super low in carbs. These are my usual daily foods:
    Breakfast:2 Eggs fried in bacon grease, 2 slices of bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato with butter
    Lunch: 1- 5 oz can of tuna, 1 Tbs Mayo, mustard, sugar-free sweet relish, 1/2 avocado, .5 oz bbq pork rinds, 1/2 cup of green veggies
    Dinner: 3 oz of meat cooked in bacon grease with onions and peppers (season to taste), 1 cup green veggies, sliced tomato with drizzle of ranch.
    Snacks: (between meals, as dessert and as calories & macros allow) 1 oz of cheese, 3-5 whole walnuts, 10 almonds, deli lunch meat, boiled egg, pickles, 1Tbs PB, Breyers Carb Smart Chocolate Almond Vanilla ice cream bar, Russel Stovers Sugar-Free Pecan Chocolate Caramel Delights, sugar-free jello, sugar-free mints, sugar-free gum.
    List of green veggies I eat frozen, fresh or canned: okra, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, collard greens, spinach, celery, lettuce, edamame, cucumbers, bell peppers, cilantro, Brussels sprouts, snow peas.
    Other low carb veggies: Tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower (great rice, mashed potato substitute), spaghetti squash

I hope this helps...it's always good to see what other people eat.
    Good luck and feel cree to message me anytime!

Monique
  • lowil44
    lowil44 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb trying to get to keto. Taking it slow because I'm type 2 diabetic and don't want the carb flu, keto rash is bad enough. Would love to join a small group like this. What do I have to do to be part of the group?
  • Olubuzz
    Olubuzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto on and off for a few years now.
    Finally commiting my self long term
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm all about the KETO. If you're looking for a friend, I'm here!
  • maksym0712
    maksym0712 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here, would be great to have some other people on Low-Carb Diet - for me at the moment it is quite a challenge but I am positive!
    Hope we can chat and support each other ;)
  • AlexMorganMc
    AlexMorganMc Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Keto here as well! I know some people try to stay under 20 net carbs, but my goal is to stay under 50. If that's still in line with what you're looking for in a keto buddy, feel free to add me! I try to be pretty active on here both in my logging and participation.

The group support is 90% of the fun for me, so anyone else seeing this besides the original poster can totally add me, too. I love new friends! :-D
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    lowil44 wrote: »
    I'm doing low carb trying to get to keto. Taking it slow because I'm type 2 diabetic and don't want the carb flu, keto rash is bad enough. Would love to join a small group like this. What do I have to do to be part of the group?

Just click on the link provided above in the thread and click the button to join the group. The Keto Flu is 100% avoidable and usually do to electrolyte imbalance (newbies never realize just how much salt their bodies really need). I was once be pre-diabetic myself (no longer am).
  • lowil44
    lowil44 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My problem wasn't really keto flu because as soon as I started getting mild cramps, I realized I had to increase salt and water. My problem is the keto rash that starts when I reduce carbs.