Gifts for Bridesmaids!?! I'm desperate!

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I gave my bridesmaids mani/pedis the day before our wedding. Since I only had four, I also paid for their hair and makeup.

One of my girls said it best... "it's about the experience and not the things."

Now that I have my photos back, I am having framed a cute pic each of them as an after-wedding surprise :heart:
  • natashajb1
    Options
    I'm getting married in a few months and I'm in the same delima! I think I'm going to give my girls a brooch. It goes with my wedding theme, and maybe a little something else! Good luck :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Necklaces to wear & keep?

Pearl necklaces are always good to give bridesmaids.

This is true. I offered to give all of my wife's bridesmaids this for the wedding but my wife said it was too much.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Gift card
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Try looking for jewelry at kohls. They have lots of inexpensive, but beautiful options that wear well and are made from genuine materials. I think my sister got the necklaces she gave us as a gift from there and they were around $50 each. I love mine!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My sister gave: My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVDs pretty cheap these days (under $10)

I think when I get married I am giving: Mama Mia DVDs
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I did flasks the color of the dresses with their initials etched on. They wore them on their thighs throughout the whole thing.

I wish I was your bridesmaid! :love:

When in doubt, a bottle of wine always fits. :drinker:
  • AHEALTHYAKA
    AHEALTHYAKA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you have picture with each one make a copy... Place in a frame with a note about why you chose them as a bridesmaid
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I bought an earring/necklace sets for them to wear w/ their dresses that day w/ a nice card. They loved it!
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    When I was in a wedding, the Bride gave us a gift bag. She went out and bought lotion's, body sprays, hand sanitizers, (all from Bath and Body Works) nail polish, hair ties, (ect) to put in the bag for each of us.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Go on etsy.com for something hand-made and individual. I would go there if I wasn't married yet.
  • babydraco269
    Options
    Go to a decent dollar store and get picture frames, and give each girl an old picture of the two of you together. Its more special if they each get a different picture.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I really like the pearl necklace idea. Maybe with matching earrings?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

This is true. I offered to give all of my wife's bridesmaids this for the wedding but my wife said it was too much.

Was it out of your budgeted allowance to give all of them a set?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Drunk groomsmen??
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing is to buy the jewelry they wear in the wedding whether it be earrings, bracelets or necklaces. The other option is a girls only night out or dinner paid by you. Also I know thank you cards seemed to be going away, but make sure they are on your list. Any pre- wedding experience like the mani - pedi is good. Bath sets from the Body Shop or bath and Body works is also nice. If you are having a makeup done, pay for theirs. And yes, when in doubt a gift card is nice, but I would *kitten* a small token like a small candle.
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options

stop it.....i need to lay low (biting tongue)
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I gave my bridesmaids their jewelry to wear the day of (and after) and small totes with their first initial embroidered on them to carry whatever they needed for the day so they didn't have to worry about carrying around a purse. Good luck and congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Not sure about your budget but, I've had Brides come in and do Build-A-Bears at the store (Build-A-Bear Workshop) for bridesmaids, and or flower girls as a thank you gift. You could do something really simple for just $10 or $15...or if your budget will allow $30/bridesmaid, wait till this Friday...we will have our big yearly promotion where you get any bear, any outfit and any shoe for $29.99...something sweet and unusual they can keep. Then on the birth certificate you can put the date of the wedding as the bear's birthday (the people at the store can actually make these for you in a heartbeat)...then earbows are free so just let them know your wedding colors and they can do that as well as the the tail...

That's my idea....
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

Was it out of your budgeted allowance to give all of them a set?

I think that depends on entirely the amount bridesmaids we are talking about here