One month of Intermittent Fasting complete

Options
124»

Replies

• brandieshae1996
    brandieshae1996 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds from this diet but I feel like crap after not ever getting food in me I have no energy? How can u fast and not feel so weak and lose muscle
  • ProvenceBelle
    ProvenceBelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What does “cico’ mean? I do not know the science behind it however, i know for me, when I eat high carbs my weight increases even w/ a CDeficit. I can go over my daily calories with low carb/high protein and over a span of time loose weight. i do not know why, but it is true for me. If i really want to loose weight I choose lower carb items with a calorie deficit. Personally I do not believe all calories are created equally.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds from this diet but I feel like crap after not ever getting food in me I have no energy? How can u fast and not feel so weak and lose muscle

It doesn't work for everyone, I've always been a night eater never hungry for breakfast. It works very well for me and I actually feel energized and lighter on my feet for workouts. It also helps if you focus on what you eat when you do eat. Lots of protein and good fats, and keep the calorie budget reasonable and not too low. So far I have not lost muscle but gained it, I keep my protein high around 100 grams or more a day, I also lift so that also helps with muscle.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    What does “cico’ mean? I do not know the science behind it however, i know for me, when I eat high carbs my weight increases even w/ a CDeficit. I can go over my daily calories with low carb/high protein and over a span of time loose weight. i do not know why, but it is true for me. If i really want to loose weight I choose lower carb items with a calorie deficit. Personally I do not believe all calories are created equally.

CICO is Calories in Calories out. I wouldn't say all calories are created equal nutritionally, some foods are definitely packed with more vitamins and minerals and some satiate better. However I feel when it comes to burning them off it takes the same effort to burn the same calories no matter what the food was you ate or how nutritious it was. But in the interest of more than just losing weight eating more nutritious foods is definitely a good idea.
  • moon_light_owl
    moon_light_owl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the 16/8 ?
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    isay808 wrote: »
    How does it work? What do you do?

I.F is a tool to use for a healthier lifestyle. I personally fast 16 hours, and eat over an 8 hour window. I do not eat in a caloric deficit, just exercise right before breaking my fast.

My eating window for my personal schedule is from 11a.m - 7 p.m. While fasting I keep it simple, I drink water, and coffee in the a.m.

Thank you @isay808.. this might work for me!
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I IF almost every day and I love it. Night eater here, fought it for years now I can save all my calories and go to town at the end of the day, like my body wants to do anyway. I also noticed the energetic feeling when fasting as well. Hopefully the studies they are doing will come back with some good information on fasting and brain function and cellular repair if not oh well at least it's still good for dieting.

How do you fast? 16:8? Or something else? I am a nighttime eater too. Would love help with this!
  • injielghandour2322
    Options
    Thanks for this motivation post I just started my intermittent fasting 5 days ago.
    congrats with your new body
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Look up dr Jason fung. He is a diabetic/kidney physician in Toronto and has done a lot of work with patience using intermittent and extended fasting protocols. There are several you tube podcasts and videos available.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I IF almost every day and I love it. Night eater here, fought it for years now I can save all my calories and go to town at the end of the day, like my body wants to do anyway. I also noticed the energetic feeling when fasting as well. Hopefully the studies they are doing will come back with some good information on fasting and brain function and cellular repair if not oh well at least it's still good for dieting.

How do you fast? 16:8? Or something else? I am a nighttime eater too. Would love help with this!

I also eat on a 16:8 schedule. I tended to overeat at night. It helps me because two reasonable meals between 2 PM and 10 PM keeps me full on 1500 calories. It's not magic and I am in a calorie deficit most days. I seldom overeat if I start eating later in the day. Give it a try!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Nixi3Knox wrote: »

I.F is a tool to use for a healthier lifestyle. I personally fast 16 hours, and eat over an 8 hour window. I do not eat in a caloric deficit, just exercise right before breaking my fast.

My eating window for my personal schedule is from 11a.m - 7 p.m. While fasting I keep it simple, I drink water, and coffee in the a.m.

So how did you lose weight then, if you don't eat in a deficit?

If I'm not mistaken, the exercising while fasting burns fat as opposed to sugar.

But the OP is claiming that CI isn't less than CO. I'd like to know how he's losing weight in this scenario

Yes, me too! I need to learn how this works ASAP!

Well, if someone wrote it on the Internet then it must be true. So, if it is true, then it works! See? Too easy! LOL!
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Thank you @isay808.. this might work for me!

No problem :) I hope you started it! Be sure to share your progress woth us all.
  • isay808
    Options
    Are you doing the 16/8 ?

I do 16:8, 7 days a week :) I love it so much! Make sure to look at your macro intake based on your goals.
  • isay808
    Options

You may feel like this because you’re in a caloric deficit? Everybody’s body is different, so what feels best for you. I eat anywhere from 1800-2300 per day depending on my workouts.
  • Chanda2BFit
    Chanda2BFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone thanks for the nice comments. In no way am I tying to provide misinformation. Thanks for all the requests, I look forward to following success with the rests of you :)

I think you are simply sharing what worked for you in an effort to help others. Great job on the weight loss.
  • isay808
    Options
    Hey everyone thanks for the nice comments. In no way am I tying to provide misinformation. Thanks for all the requests, I look forward to following success with the rests of you :)

I think you are simply sharing what worked for you in an effort to help others. Great job on the weight loss.

Thank you very much! I will continue with I.F, and as time goes I will post updates on my journey.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

What do you mean not ever getting food in you? I do a 20:4 and probably eat about 2000-2400kcals a day in the evenings. That is some food! I also run fasted except I take some starch before I go or I would have a hard time doing it and by doing that I can run 1-hr hard no problem on a 20-hr fast. I've not lost a lot of muscle when I did this and lifted and watched my protein intake. I feel better than I have in many years.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    19/5 here, i also dropped 36 lbs in 9 weeks. I love to see more IFERS LOL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!