pickles?

Pickles are the one food right now that stops my appetite. Dill pickles! What about you? What do you eat to stop your hunger when you're just trying to get through to next meal? Thanks!

Replies

• Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Radishes! (I also enjoy pickles)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

Radishes are the best! Love them raw or with a dash of hot sauce. I am a huge pickle fan as well.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Pistachios. Higher cal than pickles (80 calories per ounce), but totally satisfying for me. Has to be the ones I have to take the shell off, though. The already shelled kind don't cut it.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

Radishes are the best! Love them raw or with a dash of hot sauce. I am a huge pickle fan as well.

Try radish sliced like chips with hummus dip....YUM!
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Pickles are great! Claussen is my fav brand :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you're hungry, you're eating too little, so you have to eat more, anything, but variety is good, so you can eat anything you want. But if you've eaten enough and just want to continue eating, there's not really much you can or should try to do about it, except accept it and tolerate it. The next meal will probably taste better for it. If you really think you'll die before dinner unless you eat NOW, think again.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    clear broth soups - nothing in it, just the broth!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I love pickles too. I also love cucumbers with hot sauce, lemon, salt, and pepper.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I've been going for a handful of Maille cornichons (miniature gherkins) and Greek olives as an evening snack lately. I also like a handful of nuts for a snack, or 2-3 Ak-Mak Armenian crackers with a piece of cheese or some hummus.
  • tri2getfit
    tri2getfit Posts: 1 Member
    Pickles were always a go-to diet food for me, until I started logging my sodium...No calories, lots of flavor, but the sodium is off the Richter scale! :s
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    hughjazz74 wrote: »
    Pickles are the one food right now that stops my appetite. Dill pickles! What about you? What do you eat to stop your hunger when you're just trying to get through to next meal? Thanks!

Non-fat, high fiber works for some people......look for the volume eaters thread here.

I'm with @vingogly ......some dietary fat gives my snacks more staying power. Popcorn (popped in oil) with salt or spices is a favorite.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Not a food, but coffee works for me
  • Smores_24
    Smores_24 Posts: 17 Member
    A handful of Grapes!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    YourMFPBFF wrote: »
    Pickles were always a go-to diet food for me, until I started logging my sodium...No calories, lots of flavor, but the sodium is off the Richter scale! :s

The vlasic purely pickles is still high, but lower than other brands. I keep them around since I have to stay low sodium but still want a dill pickle now and then.
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    thanks for all the ideas! :)
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    I was amazed to read these posts. I thought it was just a quirk of mine that I popped a couple of radishes or a pickle when I feel like a snack. For some reason, those two things I have found to be tasty and satisfying when I want something but don't know what I want....
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    If the question is pickles, then the answer will always be yes.

Make mine spicy.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Cheese........preferably pepperjack.