KETO Plan

Hello, fellow KETO Losers. How about sharing your success on the KETO Plan! I am Anna Maria.

Replies

• bapity88
    bapity88 Posts: 98 Member
    I've lost almost 60 lbs, but I've only last the last 7 on Keto. I've been doing it for about 2 months. My husband has been doing it for 3 months and has lost 40 lbs. He enjoys it more than I do. I'm not loving it, to be honest, but I'm still doing it because it seems to be working for the moment. But I almost cried at the grocery store yesterday because all I wanted was grapes and couldn't have them. Haha!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    bapity88 wrote: »
    I've lost almost 60 lbs, but I've only last the last 7 on Keto. I've been doing it for about 2 months. My husband has been doing it for 3 months and has lost 40 lbs. He enjoys it more than I do. I'm not loving it, to be honest, but I'm still doing it because it seems to be working for the moment. But I almost cried at the grocery store yesterday because all I wanted was grapes and couldn't have them. Haha!!!

If you don't enjoy it, you can start to increase your carbs a bit but maintain your calories. Fat loss is driven by calories, not carbs. Its possible that low carb or even moderate carb would be better for you. I mean, what are you going to do once you hit your goal weight?
  • bapity88
    bapity88 Posts: 98 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    bapity88 wrote: »

If you don't enjoy it, you can start to increase your carbs a bit but maintain your calories. Fat loss is driven by calories, not carbs. Its possible that low carb or even moderate carb would be better for you. I mean, what are you going to do once you hit your goal weight?

I don't hate it every day. It's usually fine, but I started it because my husband is doing it and I don't want to cook two different types of meals every day. Once I hit my goal weight, I'll probably move up to low carb and work up to moderate carb so I don't gain a ton of weight back right away. I don't foresee it as a permanent lifestyle choice for me, but for now it's fine.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 6,165 Member
    I started on July 17 and lost 10# the first two weeks. Then until mid-October, when we went on a cruise, I bounced up and down in a 1# range. Since the cruise I have dropped a little staying on the low side of the previous bounce. Altogether, I am 23# less than I was in January.
  • cjb4nafter
    cjb4nafter Posts: 4 Member
    Two months ago I started LC and easily transitioned to Keto and have lost 28 pounds. I'm very happy with the results and find I'm never hungry. The one thing I can't do without now is my BPC.
  • Ben_Elisofon
    Ben_Elisofon Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying keto for about 2 weeks now. I've lost 3 1/2 lbs so far. Looking for support. How to join this group?
  • quiltingjaine
    @Ben_Elisofon I believe you have just joined!
  • Ben_Elisofon
    Ben_Elisofon Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Thanks!

Nope, you only joined the thread (this discussion / conversation). You need to click on the link above in @psuLemon's post and then I think you can request to be added to that group.
  • quiltingjaine
    edited November 2017
    Deleted-found the answer
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Been on the keto woe since October 1st. I've lost 20 pounds and I feel great! My blood sugar level has dropped significantly as well as my blood pressure. I've still got about 50 pounds left to go, but I'll be happy to get under 200 lbs.
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Wow .. love to read these keto success stories! It definitely takes a bit of adjusting and tweaking to find what's right for you but the benefits are amazing. No cravings or hunger .. added energy and mental clarity. Oh, and weight loss too!
  • copeandstones
    copeandstones Posts: 3 Member
    Loving keto down 30 lbs
  • juliafness
    juliafness Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm Julia. I started Keto last Monday and my weight is down a few pounds. I had been counting my calories and doing heavy lifting for awhile and not seeing the results. So far, I'm pretty excited about the progress I've seen in such a short period of time.
  • richandkath64
    richandkath64 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Im Kath. I just started Keto Monday .. wish me luck
  • quiltingjaine
    Welcome, Kath!