Scale frustrations

Options
2»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    OP, seconding (thirding?) the recommendation for a trending app. Don't look at single data points, look at the trend.

Also, you need to meet your weekly calorie goal, including eating at least some of your exercise calories back (50-75% until you have enough data to know if you need to eat them all).

And have a read of this: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html/
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am exactly in the same position. Daily weighing and mood dependent on the numbers. I have been managing a calorie deficit and so far only 4-5lb down and I have a lot to lose. I am not exercising. I don't drink enough water. My clothes do feel a tiny bit looser. I am going to put away the scales for a while and see if I can manage that! (ALL 3 of them in fact!)
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    ptrcmcc6 wrote: »
    I don't have a fitbit. Christmas is coming though. Maybe I can talk my boys into getting me one for Christmas.... ;)

You don't need a Fitbit, just create an account and link it to Trendweight.

I created an account but it said I needed a Nokia scale or a fitbit before I could continue.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I don't have a fitbit. Christmas is coming though. Maybe I can talk my boys into getting me one for Christmas.... ;)

You don't need a Fitbit, just create an account and link it to Trendweight.

I created an account but it said I needed a Nokia scale or a fitbit before I could continue.
    It does say that but you don't need a Fitbit device, just a free account that you can create at the Fitbit website so that you can manually enter your weight.

From TrendWeight's Help page:
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Do I have to have a FitBit or Nokia scale to use this site? Can I manually enter my weight data instead?

You'll have the best experience if you have to have either a FitBit or a Nokia scale. If you don't have one and would like to buy one, the easiest way to get one is on Amazon: FitBit Aria or Nokia Body Scale. They are both easy to setup. They measures both weight and body fat. And they can be used by everyone in your household.

If you don't have a scale, you can do things manually by creating a FitBit account and hand entering your weight there every day. Go ahead and connect your TrendWeight account to your FitBit account as if you had a scale. TrendWeight won't know that your weight readings were entered manually.