vitamines to help lose weight

what should i be taking daily to help lose my weight ?right now i take 1 womens day,vitamine b-12 and vitamine d any other suggestionsto help!

Replies

• taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    I take green tea with hoodia supplement. Found it at Walmart after looking for it everywhere. Green tea is supposed to boost metabolism. Also, I heard that omega-3 fatty acid is great for your cardiovascular system. Im interested in seeing what other people say.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Keep an eye on what you're already getting from your food. Make sure you're hitting your fiber target and drinking enough water. Beyond that, I'm taking a B Complex and Vitamin C (it is important to take these together). I'm also taking Fish Oil and CLA -- those are fatty acids that help your body use fat as energy better. Lots of vitamins need exercise to be activated, so make sure you're at least walking to start with and build up to some long endurance exercise to burn fat. Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep.

I hope this helps.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I take GNC Women's Mega Ultra Active Vitapaks.. "Supposedly" there are certain ingredients to help boost metabolism, but I highly doubt it's noticeable.

If anything, use vitamins to supplement your diet and give you an added boost of energy to rock out your workouts, but diet and exercise are key.. I wouldn't put too much faith in the "lose more weight with this vitamin!" claims.
  • 1200 - 1400 mg of calcium daily!
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    thanks lots of water learned that recently, also the fiber is on target each day wll get c and fish oil thanks
  • Boo67
    Boo67 Posts: 43 Member
    Keep an eye on what you're already getting from your food. Make sure you're hitting your fiber target and drinking enough water. Beyond that, I'm taking a B Complex and Vitamin C (it is important to take these together). I'm also taking Fish Oil and CLA -- those are fatty acids that help your body use fat as energy better. Lots of vitamins need exercise to be activated, so make sure you're at least walking to start with and build up to some long endurance exercise to burn fat. Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep.

I hope this helps.
  • iTim__
    If anything, use vitamins to supplement your diet and give you an added boost of energy to rock out your workouts, but diet and exercise are key.. I wouldn't put too much faith in the "lose more weight with this vitamin!" claims.

Smart lady! And great point. We got fat the easy way. Getting fit isn't easy and it takes effort. There's no magic pill.

An energy boost is always welcome though.
  • Boo67
    Vitamin B complex is good for energy levels, green tea is great for helping raise metabolism.
  • Boo67
    Totally agree with iTim. Would've said the same but didn't wanna sound like I was lecturing. (No offence - iTim)
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Eat plenty of fish and you don't need fish oil. Snack on walnuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or peanuts and you don't need CLA. Eat a balanced diet of nutrient rich foods and you don't need vitamins. If you're eating plenty of meat then you're probably getting plenty of iron (avoid caffiene with meat, get vitamin C instead for maximum iron). In that case, iron rich vitamins will cause constipation which will slow down your weight loss instead of speed it up.
  • iTim__
    Eat plenty of fish and you don't need fish oil. Snack on walnuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or peanuts and you don't need CLA. Eat a balanced diet of nutrient rich foods and you don't need vitamins. If you're eating plenty of meat then you're probably getting plenty of iron (avoid caffiene with meat, get vitamin C instead for maximum iron). In that case, iron rich vitamins will cause constipation which will slow down your weight loss instead of speed it up.

Wow! Thanks.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member

Wow! Thanks.

No prob. The omega 6 fatty acid that comes from the seeds and nuts above will also help your testosterone level if you're trying to gain some muscle. Most bodybuilders are eating too much protein because they eat a low fat diet. Then again, most bodybuilders use steroids, so they don't care, but eating some extra walnuts will make your wife happy too. Steroids won't.