Over sugar after just breakfast! Help!!

Options
Just added my breakfast to my diary and i'm already over my sugars :( HELP! My diary is open - I know most of it is from Chobani and the fruit that's in it but this can't be good for weight loss right?

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Not all sugar is bad. It would be better if you had an orange instead of the orange juice so you can get the extra fiber. Unless you are diabetic, there are probably different nutrients for you to track. You are already tracking carbs, why the need to call out sugar as well?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    buy the plain instead of the flavored yogurt and then put fresh 1/4 - 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries in it. You'll go from 19g to 8g or 9g of sugar. This will also reduce your calorie count.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Calories is all that matters for weight loss, but you need to watch the sugar because of the insulin spike which can lead to insulin resistance. But if you are eating it with protein and fiber (yogurt and fruit) that will help the sugar ingest a little more slowly and lessen the insulin spike.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If I eat my standard strawberries and pineapple I am nearly over. Try to avoid the processed sugar and one coupled with lo density carbs (lots of cereal, added fruit yogurts). Add fresh fruits to your plain yogurt, low sugar cereal or make your own granola, steel cut oats so you control what is in it.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    EGGS!
    It does a body good. I cook mine in the microwave with veggies & cheese. (Even at work.) I also eat Fiber One Cereal with a piece of fruit & vanilla soy milk. Mix it up a bit..
  • veggiepug
    Options
    *sigh*

I LOVE my Chobani, but it really cuts into my sugar. Between my yogurt and fruit I go over every day. I have stopped eating the yogurt every day, and now eat it every other day. I wish I had better advice, other than switch to a different yogurt, but Chobani is SO good and full of protein :(
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You are getting sugars that are naturally found in the foods- yogurt, milk fruit etc...I would always go over just from fruit alone so I stopped tracking my sugars. If its natural sugars found in your foods I wouldn't worry about it, just avoid the processed stuff as much as possible.
  • Mama2MC13
    Mama2MC13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions!! I truly appreciate it!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Agreed about adding frush fruit to yogurt. You'll get used to it quickly and eventually think it is much better and more filling than the premixed stuff.