Need help and friends

Hi all
I was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol and pre diabetis. On October 3rd I started lowering carbs trying to eat better and exercising every day. In the first two weeks I lost I pounds then an additional 2. Since I have gained 1 and a half and i am.stuck and depressed. My food diary is open and i would.love some help. I dont know what to do. My cardiologist told me that I couldn't do it and i am determined to probe him wrong. Could ge be right??

Replies

• neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    It’s not going to be easy but you can definitely do it! Feel free to add me!
  • misti0524
    misti0524 Posts: 8 Member
    You can definitely do it. The same with me for both. It's hard but I'm doing it. You can add me if you like
  • jennyvalentine4
    jennyvalentine4 Posts: 15 Member
    I don’t know how to add people.
    I’m in a similar boat with health issues stacked against me making weightloss very hard. It’s hard! But you can do it. I’m down a little more than 20lbs and it’s still creeping off very slowly. I’m not able to dance around or lift heavy or workout because of a pretty significant back injury so I just walk. It doesn’t release any endorphins or reduce my stress and anxiety, in fact, I’m pretty sure it makes me angry but I use that emotion to push myself just a little further every day. I’m so tired of waking up and living in constant pain. I have days when I get down and depressed and I’m pretty sure that’s a normal process. I’ll help you though it. I’m in no ways perfect in my diet and lack of exercise but who really is. I started out with baby steps and because I started at an incredibly highly stressful time in my life I only made 1 change at a time! I started out by increasing my water intake. At first just by a few glasses a day but by the end of the first month I had increased to several liters per day. That was probably the greatest first step I could have taken.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Your food diary is not open. Are you using a food scale to count calories?
  • GettinFitInMN
    GettinFitInMN Posts: 24 Member
    It's always tough to lose for most, but your doctor should encourage you, sounds like he isn't. Feel free to add me. I'm in similar boat. I exercised all last winter and dropped my bad cholesterol a lot though. It would have been even better had summer indulging not interferred. I need to lose another 30. Happy to encourage you. It'll be worth the results, don't give up. ☺
  • sherichele
    sherichele Posts: 17 Member
    leggup wrote: »
    Your food diary is not open. Are you using a food scale to count calories?
    My diary is open but maybe only to friends I'm not sure????? I do measure everything
  • sherichele
    Thanks everyone. I have not give up but the going is slow. It's the hardest thing I have ever done. My diary is open but apparently some can't see it... not sure what I have done wrong
  • sherichele
    My diary was open to friends only but is now public. Input would be great
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Pizza Hut - Slice of Pizza, 1 slice: Things like this are not accurate entries. What kind of pizza? What size pizza? Which crust?
    Kirlands - unsalted mixed nuts, 0.25 cup: Did you measure this? Look for entries with grams.
    Potato - Potato, 1 medium: Needs grams.
    Green Beans - Green Giant French Style (Canned), 1/2 cup prepared: Prepared? with what?
    Top Sirloin Petite Steak - Sirloin Steak, 3 ounce cooked (28g): Meat should be measured raw, not cooked, and you need to add things like cooking oils.

I'm also seeing very high exercise burns. They're not likely accurate. What is your goal set to? Is it at 1 lb/week?
  • sherichele
    Pizza Hut pizza... no idea how to measure everything that's on a Pizza Hut pizza I had one slice and took the highest caloric value. Anything that says a half a cup of quarter of a cup a tablespoon I measure accurately I need the serving size on the can or container or package. I exercise an hour and a half minimum per day and use the values that are already in my fitness pal maybe not accurate but the best I can do for now I do not have a heart rate monitor or a way to measure the calories burned. I didn't know we were not supposed to use that information already input into MyFitnessPal I assumed it was accurate thanks for your suggestions
  • sherichele
    Use not need
  • sherichele
    Also If I use anything to prepare foods I include it in the diary